Posts made by Crombinator73
This does not appear to be a quick resume error since I got it after quitting out, and returning to the game. After being hit by the Brewing Rebellion bug, and needing to follow the workaround maybe it is time to put this game away for another four months. It is incredibly frustrating to spend this much on a game only to have so many game stopping bugs.
@ubi-woofer thank you for the direct response, but as someone who works based on service requests I would love to have unresolved issues closed after four business days. That said, I cannot, and I have to keep the case open until the issue is resolved. It is just unfortunate I have not been able to complete a game due to an unresolved bug after a month. In all of my years gaming, this is unprecedented, and really makes me reconsider launch day or pre-order purchases.
I think what angers me most is my ticket was closed for "inactivity", and that the issue must be "resolved". Am I expected to keep it open with "still broken" every day?
What kind of tracking is there for a known issue when the tickets keep getting closed?
"Oh, it looks like after four days this broken thing must be fixed because customers aren't keeping their tickets updated. Way to go team!"
So far I have tried:
- Re-pledging alliance - works to resolve Ubba not having a quest symbol, but then there is a boat in the road
- When it happened I had just had the bug where a number of old saves were over-written, and so had a choice between the quest and losing 8 more hours of exploring
- Exit to Animus and back - again in cases where Ubba does not even have the quest icon this will load it properly, but usually when that happens the boat is not in the road. Doing this only results in the boat in the road, a quest icon, but no option to speak to Ubba
- Loading back to Norway, and back. The first time I did this I also took the time to 100% Rygjafylke, and just to be thorough (and to prove the person who posted like 20 times just to load to Norway and back to fix it that this did not work):
- Loading back resulted in no change except a boat in the road
- Went back to Raventhorpe, loaded to Norway, and immediately went back then:
- Fast travelled to Repton, had the quest icon, boat in road
- Took the river to Repton, no question icon, no boat in road
- Noticed that Ubba was right on the load line between the outside of the city and Repton, proceeded to bounce him out (either by running into him or hitting him with my horse). This resulted in:
- A number of groups who were not pathing right began to move beside the boat
- A horse got stuck. Killing it allowed more groups to clear past
- Ubba kept returning to the same spot faster than any attempts to speak with him
- Tried moving all boats in the harbour around to see if I could get the boat in the road to properly load in the river
None of this made any difference, I think the closest I got was a brief appearance of a 'Y' over Ubba's head when I somehow managed to smack him good with my horse. Since then I have not been able to make him move far enough, and he always goes back to the same spot.
At this point I have basically stopped progressing the storyline except to upgrade my settlement, and work completing all of the items / side quests that match with my current level. It would be really nice if we could get a timeline on when they might have a patch applied to resolve this issue.
I skimmed this thread, but did not open all of them to see if anyone had come up with any other possible workarounds. For all of the minor glitches reloading to the Animus and back always fixes it. I think the issue for me is I decided to grind out a few more levels before I came back to finish this fight, but funny thing is I see a number of people mentioning that they had gone to finish the Berserker quest line. That is the same quest I was working on when my game crashed right, and I lost my save data right before these issues started with this quest. They may not be related, but.. maybe?
Playing on an Xbox One.