Best posts made by Csodaszarvas_G
So, with the recent nerf of Crushing Charge and the rework of Raider and Orochi (and other heroes as well) Warlord definitely become weaker, despite that he was a must pick in comp for an eternity. Now, I don't say that the changes to Crushing Charge are bad or not needed, actually I'm quite relieved by those changes. The fact that he can only charge approx. 1 meter now is a bit weird however. I don't see many Warlords in-game.
Anyway, Warlord is a really simple hero that's why people like him. So, if we are to give him an update we should preserve this simplicity in my opinion. This means that he only needs a couple of QoL changes to be more recognized again.
Any opinions about him, or about what should the devs do to him? Do you think he needs changes at all?
My suggestions would be:
New chain starters: the following moves should be chain starters leading to light and heavy finishers
- Zone attack
- The special stab follow-up after a headbutt, blocking an attack in full-block, Shield Counter (parry follow-up)
- Board and Blade (full-block heavy attack)
Top unblockable: his top heavy finisher should be unblockable, but it should also lose HA
Damage tweaks: lower his damage a bit as compensation
- Heavy finisher damage (from all sides) is reduced to 28 (from 29)
- special stab follow-up (doesn't matter how you access it) damage is reduced to 13 from 15
- The stamina cost of his zone attack should be reduced to 40 (from 60).
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!
Lawbringer doesn't have a functional offense from neutral, opener, chain pressure, chase and good enough feat variety. The least one is not that important than the rest, but please, address his problems ASAP.
Other than that, I'm excited about testing the Conq rework and the balancing changes. Good job on those!
Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Throughout the following post, I'd like to share a new Viking hero concept with you. I hope that the next hero will be Viking because they didn't get that many attention recently, except the Raider rework.
Here it is:
Name: Huscarl or Oathsworn
Class: Hybrid (Vanguard/Heavy)
Weapon: A selection of one-handed axes, and one-handed Shepard's axes (with either a hammer and/or hook end), plus an oval or angular iron-age/ early medieval shield
Sprint speed: 7m/s (average), like Warden, Raider, Lawbringer etc.
Basic Attack chains:
This Hero has 3-hit chains of every combination, but finishers must be heavy attacks
• L + L + H
• L + H + H
• H + L + H
• H + H + H
1. Light chain starters are Enhanced, dealing 12 DMG, 500ms
2. Light chain starters have Superior Block properties during startup, Superior Block lights are dealing 17 DMG
3. Chain light attacks (follow-ups) are dealing 13 DMG, 500ms
1. Heavy chain starters from the top are dealing 20 DMG, 700ms; from the sides they are dealing 24 DMG, 800ms
2. Chain heavies from the top are dealing 27 DMG, 800ms, have Hyper Armor (HA) 200ms into the move; from the sides they are causing 28 DMG, 800ms, have HA 200ms into the move
3. Heavy finishers from the top are dealing 28 DMG, 800ms, have HA 200ms into the move; from the sides they are causing 32 DMG, 900ms, Unblockable
4. Every heavy attack can be soft-feinted into a 600ms charge-like shield bash
5. Side heavy finishers can also be soft-feinted into full-block
1. Dodge forward Guardbreak [forward dodge (and only forward dodge) has Superior Block properties, if used effectively it guarantees the forward dodge GB]
2. Charge-like shield bash which can be accessed via a soft-feint from every heavy + by pressing GB in full-block
3. The shield bash is 600ms fast, on hit it guarantees a chain light attack but it can also be followed-up with a chain heavy as well
4. On miss it can be countered with a dodge GB (unless you do a follow-up), dodge bashes, dodge attacks
5. The shield bash has Superior Block properties during the start-up of the bash (first 200 or 100ms, whichever is more balanced) to counter interrupt attempts. Hitting into the bash during the star-up will bounce the enemy off and guarantee the bash
6. Can’t wallsplat
7. Can ledge
8. Causes 15 stamina damage
9. Only stops stamina regeneration for 1 second if an attack was countered before with the Superior Block start-up
1. Similar to BP’s: uses up 20 stamina on activation, stops stamina regeneration while you in it, you can slowly move around while you in it
2. Hitting the full-block will guarantee your bash from full-block (the full-block is a Superior Block unlike BP's, his is regular block)
3. Can be accessed from neutral or via a soft-feint from side heavy finishers
4. You can cancel out from full-block simply by releasing the full-block button, or with your forward dodge attack
Special parry punishes:
1. Input a side heavy attack immediately after a parry to access your heavy finisher right away. Only guaranteed after a light parry
2. Input a GB immediately after a parry to preform a bear hug, which is only guaranteed after a light parry
3. Deals 15 or 20 DMG and 25 or 30 (whichever is more balanced) stamina DMG, same speed as Demon's Embrace
4. Stops stamina regeneration for 2 seconds
5. Pins down the opponent for additional DMG from teammates in team based modes
6. Long recovery (around 1000ms) on miss
7. Costs 15 or 20 stamina
Forward dodge attack:
1. Forward dodge + heavy attack input: a leaping attack
2. Roll catcher
3. Good tracking but not Undodgeable
4. Has HA immediately after the input
5. 600 or 700ms fast (whichever is more balanced)
6. Deals 20 or 22 DMG
7. Leads into your chain attacks (chain light, chain heavy)
8. Can’t be feinted
1. Single hit Undodgeable attack
2. Deals 15 or 18 DMG, 600ms
3. Leads immediately to heavy finishers
4. Costs 30 or 40 stamina
5. Can’t be feinted
6. Fast recovery
1. Access your forward dodge attack from sprint by inputting a heavy attack from sprint
1. Input GB during sprint
2. 600 or 700ms (whichever is more balanced), has HA immediately after the input
3. A leaping attack, smashing down onto the opponent with the shield
4. Deals no direct damage
5. Blinds the opponents
6. Deals 20 or 25 stamina damage
7. Stops stamina regeneration for 1 second
8. Can wallsplat
9. Can ledge
10. Unbalances if the opponent is already OOS
11. Leads into your chain attacks (guarantees a chain light normally, a chain heavy after a wallsplat or after it unbalanced the opponent)
12. Moderate recovery on miss (unless followed-up with an attack)
Special Melee Move:
1. The bear hug can be accessed via a back step + GB input from neutral, similarly to Shugoki's Demon's Embrace
That's it! I think that this move-set fits for his looks and weapon. Of course I'm not saying that this is perfect or unique enough, but overall a good move-set. I didn't mention the feats because I'm not really sure about those, especially the unique ones. However I think that Sharpened Blades, Though as Nails, Second Wind, Self Revive, Speed Revive, Fury, Fire Flask would be good options.
If anyone has some additional suggestions about the feats feel free to write them down.
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!
According to the Information Hub all of Warlord's heavy finishers are 700ms, which are on the faster side of heavies indeed. That's why I thought that if the top one would be unblockable it should lose the HA. A 700ms unblockable attacks would be too good with HA, IMO. The side ones could keep it however, still being 700ms.
As for dodge attacks: maybe make him able to access a 533ms version of his headbutt from a side dodge 300-500ms into a dodge.
Well, I don't play Warlord that much but my twin brother does. He mains Warlord and his first impression was "WHAT?!" when he got his hands on the nerfed Crushing Charge. Despite this, he really enjoys Warlord even if his options are obviously limited.
I think that his kit should be more interconnected. Than would be a good start to make him better.
You listed some quite drastic changes. I'm not a Warlord expert so I'm not saying they are bad, they seem to be interesting to me and they would definitely make him quite different. However, I don't think the devs going to change him this much.
I just would like to see his kit a bit "modernized" and interconnected, with another way to create pressure (top unblockable) which is not headbutt or Crushing Charge.
From your ideas I think the following are the best:
Head splitter changes (without making it unblockable). I personally think that an unblockable sprint/forward dodge attack has no place in the game, especially with HA and the capability to soft-feint it with GB. It would be hella safe and spammable. The rest of the suggestions are fine however.
Dodge-block (a.k.a Superior Block on dodge). Why not? It would be interesting and would give him a new tool to work with.
Full-block changes. Well, you already explained why would it be good.
When it comes to recovery cancels, I think that he should only be able to recovery cancel his finisher recoveries (light and heavy attack) with a dodge or into full-block. This would allow him to continue his pressure with a headbutt (or go into full-block) and it would also create a good mix-up with Board and Blade since that move is undodgeable.
So, if you read the title, you probably know what this will be about.
The main problem with him/her is the over-the-top damage numbers and his/her nearly endless stamina, so tweaking those is the main priority. Other than that, I think that Raider is not that bad, he/she was useless for almost an eternity and we need viable non-bash heroes in the dame. But these changes are a must.
- Side chain heavy damage is reduced to 26 (from 27)
- Top chain heavy damage is reduced to 28 (from 32)
- Side heavy finisher damage is reduced to 28 (from 30)
- Top heavy finisher damage is reduced to 32 (from 36)
- Soft-feint Storming Tap damage is reduced to 9 (from 12), stamina cost is increased to 12 (from 9)
- Neutral zone damage is reduced to 22 (from 24), stamina cost is increased to 25 (from 20)
- Chain zone damage is reduced to 32 (from 38), stamina cost is increased to 25 (from 12)
- Knee to the face damage is reduced to 10 (from 15)
He/she has only one problem IMO, which is the non-stop undodgeable/kick spam. Some minor changes would make him/her more balanced
- Take away his/her ability to dodge-cancel the recovery of the kick
- Take away his/her ability to chain on a missed kick (so we can GB on a correct read)
- Make his kick accessible 200-500ms into the dodge (from 300-500) as a compensation.
- The dodge-cancels should be available 233ms into the recovery (from 200)
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!
You don't need to dodge against Raider, cause he/she doesn't have a bash. This means that you can focus more on blocking and parrying. Plus, his/her neutral zone can be interrupted with a light. If you know how to work around his/her offense than you should have a chance against Raider. But the 400ms Storming Tap is needed, that's the core of Raider's mix-up potential. It is an unreactable soft-feint, as it should be. The moment is goes 500ms everybody will start to parry it left-right-center.
Latest posts made by Csodaszarvas_G
Ah yes, Janissaries...
They could be a good addition to For Honor, as they were great warriors. As a Hungarian I can tell. Janissaries were both feared and respected (and sometimes hated but that's besides the point) by Hungarian soldiers during the Ottoman conquer of the historical Hungary (a.k.a Magna Hungaria).
The only problem I can see is that Janissaries fought for an empire with unshakable loyalty. They were trained from childhood (usually from around the age of 5-6) as Pico mentioned. The abduction of children (who became Janissaries) was a form of taxation for the vassals/conquered nations called the devsirme (I hope I wrote it down correctly) a.k.a blood-tax.
So, because they were so loyal I don't see how they can be added to the Outlanders. Ubi would need to come up with a really good idea or lore behind them to explain why they stopped fighting for their empire.
I can see to options:
- Either their empire got destroyed during the cataclysm and now they are a band of elite warriors looking for a cause or a side or money to fight for, but this is not really fitting for Janissaries IMO.
- These particular Janissaries rebelled against their empire and now they are fighting elsewhere from their own will (rather than obeying orders) to redeem themselves because the empire forced them to fight against their own people. As Pico and I said most Janissaries were abducted children. Most of the time they weren't actually Turks/Ottomans but rather Slavic and Greek people whom were conquered and their children were turned into Janissaries. This would fit much more and would also give a personal purpose to the hero (maybe even to the player as well).
To answer your question, no, I don't think that weak heroes should stay in their current state (I said it many times), they all need (and deserve) a re-work. I'm also tired seeing meta heroes all the time, since when I started playing the variety of heroes was much bigger. I saw a lot of different heroes every match (besides BP, he/she was a must pick).
But to be honest I personally think that Shinobi, Orochi and re-worked Conq has a better kit than this pirate Just to say a few.
Yes, the video was the same but people are different. I personally don't see any problems with the move-set YET, I need to fight against her to truly get an understanding of how she compares to other heroes. To other strong heroes I might add. Yes she's strong, yes, her flow is really powerful and offers a lot of freedom while other heroes (the ones you mentioned... poor LB, I guess even he can't stand against a gun) are unnecessarily restricted by old design choices.
I get what you're saying, however her gun (besides the feats) function as a regular bash so that's nothing broken. The one thing which can (and probably will) turn out to be problematic is her feats and chaining between heavies and feats, I admit that. Especially without single-pick.
I always wanted to see:
- A gothic knight from the Holy Roman Empire with a Zweihander
- A knight in scale armor, wielding a short (2 - 3 meters long) pike (I say short because historical pikes are around 5 - 6 meters long)
- A Japanese warrior with a two-handed falchion
- Middle-Eastern warriors (I also made a thread about it: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/108466/i-created-sort-of-a-middle-eastern-faction-for-fun?lang=en-US)
I personally like her ascetics, fashion and animations. Her move-set flows really well so, there is nothing OP here as far as I can tell. It's a bit early to make judgments however, so we will see how she will shake things up.
One thing I might mention is the chaining of heavies and feats is a extremely good idea on paper, but it has the potential to be absolutely chaotic in game. Just imagine a full team of pirates doing heavy into T1 into heavy into T2 and so on.
So, this means that these skins will be pre-customized looks for heroes (gender, skin color, unique armor and so on) with minimal ways to edit them further?
As far as I'm concerned it's not that bad idea. Yes, it will be somewhat disappointing that it will limit further customization, however if that's the only way they are willing to do it than it's ok for me.
Can I play as a female Lawbringer? Male Valkyrie?