Best posts made by EpicentrE7
Latest posts made by EpicentrE7
@ubi-mercury Hi, thanks for the response.
I've always had Ubisoft Connect installed on C:, the same as my Windows drive. The game was originally installed on D:, when it was working originally. When I started having these issues I did try uninstalling it and reinstalling it on C:, but this didn't help or change the sympoms at all.
I don't believe there were any updates or changes inbetween it working and not working. However as I mentioned since then I've also re-installed Windows. If there is some weird incompatibility with a recent Windows update I would've expected someone else other than me would have experienced it as well. I can only assume there's something specific to my PC - either hardware or a combination of drivers or something - that is causing this.
Is there any way I can enable logging, with launch parameter or registry key or something, that might help track down exactly what's going on?
Hi @Ubi-Gizmo , thanks for the response. Unfortunately that hasn't helped. Since my last message I have also tried:
- Entirely disabling Windows firewall
- Uninstalling and reinstalling all visual C++ redistributables
- Moving my RAM sticks from slots 1&3 to 2&4 in case of memory controller issues (you can tell I'm getting desperate now)
- Resetting Windows (which meant re-installing both Ubisoft Connect and the game again)
I've also done some testing launching the executables individuall outside of Ubisoft Connect. I can run and stop the BattlEye service from services.msc with no issue, so I don't think this is causing the issue. R6-Extraction.exe and R6-Extraction_BE.exe cause the same issues, although interestingly when launched without Ubisoft Connect running, don't have the same PC hanging properties, although I still can never end the processes and so have to hard restart. R6-Extraction_Plus.exe appears to run Ubisoft Connect and then launch the game from there, so the symptoms are exactly the same as before. I also tried running these as administrator but it made no difference.
I did some hunting for logs, and while there was nothing in the R6E folder, I did find Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/logs. Most of these seemed uninteresting, but there was a couple of potentially relevant entries;
- In api_r2_log, "Chunk id 678960262640 doesn't exists in cache". Multiple entries each time I'd tried to launch the game (with a different chunk ID each time)
- In launcher_log, "Overlay with pid: 6424 not found". Again, multiple entries every time I tried to launch the game. Assume this is the overlay trying to attach to the game executable, but being unable to do so as it hasn't launched?
Here's a link to a zip with all the logs in: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8iug3m351wkxuj/R6EIssue-logs.zip?dl=0: (https://dropbox.com/s/m8iug3m351wkxuj/R6EIssue-logs.zip?dl=0)
Unfortunately I'm still no closer to finding a solution, and the symptoms are still exactly the same. What else can I try? Are there any other logs I can provide to help track down exactly where the start-up process of the game is getting stuck?
Completely baffled by this one, so I hope you can be of some assistance. Played the game a few times over the past few weeks, but went to launch it yesterday and encountered this issue. The game never loads past the small splash screen, and what is weirder is that it completely locks my PC up. Task manager will hang, Windows explorer will hang and crash and eventually explorer.exe will crash completely if I try to do anything. I can try to close the game's executable from command prompt, but even after the splash screen disappears the executable stays active, and I can't end it - if I do taskkill /f command prompt says there's no process running with that name, even though it's shown in tasklist and I can see it in task manager. If I try to end the whole process tree, I get access deniedno matter what I try. I also can't launch new tasks. I thought it might be BattlEye causing the issue, but I'm able to end the BattleEye process/service and that doesn't help. I'm left with no option but to hard reset my PC (as in, hold the button down), as even if I can get it to try to restart it will just hang on the restarting screen.
I have tried:
- Updating all drivers (including graphics, obviously)
- Ensured Windows is fully up to date
- Uninstalling and deleting the game folder and re-downloading it on a different drive
- Verifying game files twice, in the old location and again after re-downloading it
- Stopping all other running processes and programs, including anti-virus, VPN, FPS monitor, GeForce experience etc. - anything that I thought could be interfering
- Setting the executables to run as administrator (which stopped the executable running at all - Ubisoft Connect could never get past the screen where it's trying to launch the game)
- Checking drives for fragmentation
As I'm sure you can appreciate this is extremely frustrating to troubleshoot as I have to hard reset my PC after every failed attempt, so if anyone can shed any light on this I'd be extremely grateful. Here's my DXDiag and MSInfo:
Many thanks in advance.