Posts made by FillyFae
I do own and did play Wrath of the Druids briefly. The last time I was on that map was sometime last week, shortly before Siege came out.
To clarify further the first time I experienced the error was around last Tuesday but I had played for about 4 days prior to that with no errors. The error first happened when I meditated in Ledecestre.
Then when I got Seige of Paris everything was fine. I ran around Ravensthorpe clearing inventory, had a feast, etc. The error happened again as soon as I arrived and got off on the dock to Paris.
I deleted any corrupted save files so I don't have access to those but I did make a save right before travelling to Paris.
If more videos is something helpful to the devs I could find time to reload and record what happens when travelling there.
I hadn't played Valhalla for a few months until last week when I decided to finish the Platinum trophy before Siege came out.
Before I did this I checked to make sure my game was updated which it was.
I completed the 14 members of the Order I had left and beat the 8 remaining Orlog players without any issues. At that point I had 6 short trophies left to complete.
I was working on the Silent Viking trophy in Ledecestre, I meditated to make it night time and the game tried to auto-save. That's the first time the "failed to save progress" popped up and showed "data corrupt" on my most recent save file. I researched the issue, tried the suggested workarounds, none of which worked and decided to just brute force my way through the rest of the trophies without saving.
I did finish but it was not enjoyable. I was still getting the annoying pop up every time the game tried to auto-save. Getting Platinum on this game just felt like, "I'm so glad that's over" which was a total drag.
Anyway, so installed Siege and crossed my fingers there was an update included. Sorted out my inventory, and went through the intro in Ravensthorpe. Everything was working beautifully until I landed on the dock in Paris and the "failed to save" pop up started all over again.
I'm not going to provide a video, my game is updated and now follows the exact same pattern as everyone else in this thread.
Feel free to poke around my cloud saves.
- Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)? PS5
- When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors? See above
- Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?" Yes
- Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? I never use rest mode
- Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? Yes
- How often does it happen? Every time it tries to auto-save. Once it happens I can no longer manually save without getting "Failed to save progress"
- How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? None, my cloud saves are unaffected
- Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? Unsure. It was happening in England, then when Seige came out it seemed OK. Once I landed in Paris it started again.
- Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves? I can load the saves but as soon as it auto-saves the data corrupt cycle restarts.
- How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors 371GB
Same problem here. Last week I upgraded my settlement to Level 6, my trader was selling fabric until I updated my rations pouch to max a couple days ago. Now I am not finding any fabric in high region chests. My trader is also not selling fabric anymore, even though she is selling everything else.
I tried clearing my system cache and rebooting but still no fabric. On PS5.
I bought the Huldufolk armour having no idea it has this really annoying smoking effect. The armour cost 120 opals and now that I've bought it I cant get rid of it. I went back 4 saves and it's still there and now feel those opals were completely wasted.
I love the armour but the smoking effect is super distracting. Please give us the option to disable these effects.