Best posts made by Ganerumo
Latest posts made by Ganerumo
While playing the game I've started to notice that, at various points, I will randomly be given either a piece of armor or a rune. I'm playing on the Ubisoft+ version of the game (I've noticed it runs on a different process, so I assume it may have some importance).
The runes are granted when loading a save. These have always been the Rune of Health, Rune of Attack and Rune of Stealth, but their number varies each time. They can be sold without any issues.
The armor bug is a bit more strange. Seemingly at random, a piece of armor can appear in my inventory, the same piece which I can then loot off a chest in its intended location. This has so far occurred three times, twice with the same armor piece:
- The Huntsman Armor manifested in my inventory after completing the Ledecestrescire Kingmaker arc. I thought it was just a quest reward, but I then found it again in its intended chest.
- After obtaining the "real" armor item in the chest, I started experimenting with rune placements, upgrading one or either of the items, etc. It somehow ended up creating a THIRD version.
- In my current session, I went fishing and one catch turned into the Galloglach Armor, which turns out is supposed to be in a chest in a region I haven't been to yet.
I don't know why this happens. I'm not a game developer but to me it seems like the game sometimes gets mixed up in addresses and gives the player the wrong thing.
A couple of extra details about the Huntsman armor:
- I could play with it equipped and have the stats applied without causing bugs
- It replicated in my inventory after I upgraded one of them, equipped a rune into it, then opened the duplicate and equipped the same rune into it.
- Swapping runes as mentioned above can sometimes also undo upgrades to the item, or transfer upgrades between them.
- Equipping one item highlights all of them in the inventory, but I think this is purely UI related and does not imply the armor is actually equipped thrice.
- Armor set bonuses are counted properly.
No clue how that happened. It was pretty funny to catch a random fish only for it to turn into a full piece of armor. Would certainly like to know how that could even occur.