Best posts made by Gotmian
Latest posts made by Gotmian
This just happened again upon quick resuming the game from last night.
As soon as the game loaded, and I exited the pause (main) menu, I lost all my items, and then they were readded in my inventory. Loading a previous save resolves this issue for me.
Hi @ubi-keo and thanks for getting back to me.
I've managed to reproduce the error - it happens in every cut scene I've come across since I spotted it. So, revised repro:
- Initiate any dialogue-rich (where you have to make choices) cutscene.
- Click the Xbox guide to do anything - just clicking it twice or three times during the scene will cause the issue (no need to go 'Home' and open the game again).
I've recorded it too - it's on separate videos as I used Xbox (Series X)'s "Record that" function:
- Saving the game and initiating the cutscene/bug on 3rd time I briefly opened the guide (game pauses briefly when I do):
- The cutscene (nothing interesting, for continuity only):
- The items "flowing" back:
- Recovering everything via a previous (previous previous) save - latest saves are usually after the bug occurred:
PS: I will keep an eye and add info on how to reproduce it outside cut scenes. I believe it's related to loading (fast travel etc.), but haven't managed to make it happen on purpose since my first message. #TestingItThough
Happened a number of times, and I had to revert to previous saves. At first I'd lose all my items, and they'd be nowhere to be found - lately the items disappear, and then immediately 'unlock' again (incl paid items and unlockables), and become available in my inventory. But I'm kinda naked and would have to re-equip everything (I load a previous saved game to avoid that).
I've managed to repro this today (on Xbox Series X) by
- click the Xbox Guide while playing (to check friends, for example or a message)
- click the Guide again to come back to the game.
- Repeat, and boom. If it doesn't happen the second time the guide comes up, it always does on the third time.
Confusing bug, but I do hope it can be resolved, as it affects engaging with the console/dashboard etc.