Best posts made by grpantsch
Latest posts made by grpantsch
Hi everyone! I experienced the same problems you described after the 1.04 update with constant freezes after 15-20 minutes into the game. I have my old desktop PC with an i7 2600k and Nvidia 1060 OC, and a gaming laptop with Ryzen 9 4900 and RTX 2060. The solution that worked for my case is the following:
- Update the drivers of your card.
- Delete the cache directory in "My Documents>Assassin's Creed Valhallla>cache".
- Play the game NOT in "Full Screen" but in "Borderless Windowed" mode and Vsync OFF
- In the "Graphics" options choose a lower setting, in my case "High>Medium".
- If the game asks for a new save, create a new manual save.
After these settings, I can play more than 4 hours continuously without any of the aforementioned problems.
I hope that helps. Stay safe and enjoy an otherwise fantastic game!