Best posts made by JiminiFrog
Latest posts made by JiminiFrog
Since I kept doing the fishing hut's missions, I'm just posting to confirm that I didn't get any dupes for the ship cosmetics and settlement decorations. So if you already got those before doing Arth's deliveries like I did, you won't get any reward (except for the runes and ingots).
To be honest there seem to be a lot of unresolved issues regarding... all kinds of duplicates (I'm on PS4, don't know if that's relevant or not). Here's what I got:
- I caught two tattoos schemes as flying papers (probably the Vegvisir and Munnin front tattoos since I've done everything and they're still missing) but when I gave them to Tove, I got the Hunstman armor and the Galloglach armor twice and no new tattoo. That was supposed to be fixed but I still have the dupes and no new tattoo.
- I found all the treasures and twice (Hamtunscire and Suthsexe - Monk's Lair) I didn't get any loot. I was supposed to get the Crossface and Warrior Tears tattoos but didn't because... I already had them. I don't know if we can get them on two occasions (which seems weird) or if they took another reward's place...
- Also, the rewards for the fisherman's missions that aren't runes seem to be duplicates as well: I was just supposed to get a settlement decoration but didn't get anything. I think that's because I already have that decoration. I also got the whole Asgardian ship after I beat the Asgard storylines but they're also available as rewards for the fisherman's missions. I used to have dupes of that ship cosmetics (because of the parts the fisherman's grandson gave me) but since the update, they're gone (which is good). That said, the parts I didn't get yet are still available as rewards. So I'll either get dupes again or just no reward for the fish I caught for him. Either way, that doesn't seem normal.
I just found out that you could get a tattoo called Ymir Scream during the "Family Matters" mission, at the very beginning of the game. I totally missed it and finished the story so I would like to know if there is another way to get it, and if there's not, could a future update add that possibility for those who didn't get it?
Okay I finally managed to complete the mission. So if you got the third shelf in the middle of the room and completely out of its rail, this is what I did, step by step:
- Destroy the jars and crates so you can move the shelf and push it as close as possible to the rail
- Do whatever you want (save and load, fast travel, ect.) so when you're back the jars and crates are back and the shelf in the air, but right next to its rail
- DO NOT destroy the jar(s) keeping the shelf in the air
- Destroy the rest to move more freely and get rid of potential obstacles
- Throw a body at the shelf to push it towards its rails, at some point a small part of it should fall on the rail
- Keep throwing the corpse until the shelf is back to its initial place
- If you pushed all the shelves the way you're supposed to, the man should thank you and go outside (I'm not even sure that's required, when I did it he thanked me as soon as the third shelf was back in its railing)
I hope it will help those who are still struggling with that mission.
Ok, so I used the "throwing corpses at the shelf" technique to move them and it worked for the one in Grantebridgescire but it's still impossible to complete the mission "The Demon Odour at the Tithe".
I threw corpses at the shelves to unstuck them but it only worked for half of them. The second and last ones are now fine. The first one (1st pic) is at the right place but cannot be moved (not a big deal but might prevent the NPC from "knowing it" and going out). The real issue is the third one (from the room in the middle, 2nd pic) which is completely out of its rails.
Any ideas? Do we know if it will be fixed?
when I was in Grantebridgescire, I found a chest that I just couldn't reach because you need to destroy some crates and then move a shelf. Thing is, I didn't see the crates right away, I just tried moving the shelf and now it is stuck even if I shoot the crates. It won't go back to its initial place and when I get near to it I no longer have the option to press triangle to move it because it's too much on the left. But that was just a chest so I moved on.
Now I'm in Lunden trying to complete the "mystery" quest "The Demon Odour at the Tithe". I don't know why but before the mission to kill the Compass, I couldn't interact with the "trigger characters" for the mysteries: they weren't on the map or I couldn't talk to them. So when I reach the building, I just saw the jars and shelves but not the man inside. I moved everything and when I reached him, I couldn't talk to him and I thought it was because I did the mission before he asked me to. I kept playing, after I killed the Compass I went back and I could start the mission except that... the shelves are just all over the place. The first and second ones are where I put them. The last one is at its initial place (preventing the man from leaving) and the third one... is somewhere it isn't supposed to, blocking the way and preventing me from entering the room where I should move the two last shelves:
So, is there any way I can have those shelves in their initial place, or any solution to this issue? Restarting the game, using fast travel, going back to Norway or Asgard doesn't work.