Best posts made by joonbaebae
Before I say anything, I just want to say f**k off ubisoft
I played Assassin's creed: Odysseey for about 44 hours when it came out so I know that it is not a problem with my computer
I went to play Assassin's creed: odyssey again so I can buy valhalla and try it out but assassin's creed: odyssey didn't work and I tried every possible thing that I found on the internet to resolve this. I am a computer science major so I am well-versed in computers btw.
I thought that Assassin's Creed: Odyssey might be an older game so I bought ACV to see if ubisoft had gotten their [censored] back together but apparently I guess not.
I don't want to sound a whining kid without telling you what I did so people can have a reference point.
- uninstall and reinstall ACV (obviously as a first step)
- verified game files before running to make sure that install was correct
- moved ACV to my C : drive which is a SSD with my OS (it was on my HDD (D: drive) before)
- uninstalled ACV and ubisoft
- installed both ACV and ubisoft connect on my C : drive
- verified game files again
- updated my graphics card driver to v. 457 (latest one)
- verified that firewall was not blocking the program
- went to my boot options and lowered the overlock to normal
- went into the ACV application properties and clicked "always run as administrator"
- set the pagefile on both my C and D drives to be "system managed"
- went into NVIDIA control panel and
- set it to "use the advanced 3D image settings" under "adjust image setting with preview" tab
- turned image sharpening off
- tuned texture filtering - quality to performance
- power management mode - maximum performance
- threaded optimization - on
- moved the icon from the folder to desktop
- i started getting about 4 errors that some .dll files were missing (which I could see right there in the folder under the application)
- I deleted those .dll files.
- verified game files again so that the files would be re-downloaded
- when I click the application from desktop again it continues to give the same errors stating that .dll files were missing.
- the missing files
- uplay_r2_loader64.dll, tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll, GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll, amd_ags_x64.dll
- after verifying game files, they are in the folder again
- the missing files
- reinstalled ACV again and verified files
after all this, it is still crashing to where I cannot even see the menu,
Get the hell off my desktop and refund my money
Hey guys. I found something that made my game work. hopefully it makes your game work for you too
follow these steps
- go to your desktop
- right click
- click display setting
- scroll down to the bottom
- click graphic settings
- the scrolldown menu should be on classic app
- click browse then find acvalhalla.exe and click add
- then click the icon and click options
- set to high performance
- try running the game again as admin
good luck guys