Best posts made by JustJarnefeldt
So, Legion of the Dead dropped onto consoles a day ago (August 24th), and I've spent roughly the past 3 hours or so, trudging through the LotD game mode. Just want to touch on a few things and provide some feedback that LotD desperately seems to need.
First and foremost: I have yet to successfully extract from even a single run of LotD! Not. Even. Close. I've played a total of 17 runs on public squads 2 on private. Not even once were we able to get two blocks in before being overrun by zombies. Simply put, the fact that these zeds sprint, command grab, and teleport players to death is a problem that needs to be addressed for balance-sake.
Second: The time limits need to go. Out of every instance of media involving zombie apocalypses, never once has "waste all your ammo and rush to extraction" been the answer to survival. Putting a time limit on LotD runs forces players to do exactly that. Stealth is ALWAYS key to survival, especially when it comes to urban zombie settings like densely packed cities.
Third and final (for the sake of this post): weather events, specifically the dense fog, hampers playability and provides no malus to the AI. Npcs and zombies alike can see me just fine, whereas my fov is reduced to 3 meters.
1) slow zombies down. Rotting, diseased flesh should not provide the muscular plasticity to allow for undead Usain Bolts.
2) for balance purposes, increase zombies awareness range, particularly for sound. A horde of slow moving zeds is far more formidable, imposing, and cinematic than zombified Sonic the Hedgehogs.
3) The number of times I watched aggro'd zombies teleport through obstacles, up stairs, and even through doors and gates was staggeringly high. Idk how to explain it ogherwise, but that's bad.
4) Remove the time limit completely. It's not fun. It's just bad game design.
5) Weather events need tweaking so that AI are affected just as players are. In its current state, it's just a hassle; and I'm far more likely to return to main menu than deal with dense fog again.
Hope this post didn't come off as too crass or anything - just wanted to leave feedback in hopes to see LotD in a more user friendly and playable state.