Posts made by Leelany85
This post by @Frostizy helped me to start the game! I had to copy the video and sound files to c:/
The following solution worked for me, found on reddit:
Basically, you need to try the old fix that works for Origins: https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1483235412214825118/
But for audio (Assassin's Creed Valhalla\sounddata\PC) AND video files (Assassin's Creed Valhalla/video).
So you need to copy across your .pck and video .webm to where your windows OS is installed. Then with https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html : (https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html)create a symbolic link for each file and junction for repertory.
The whole thing only takes a handful of GB and takes about 10 mins for those who are still unsure here is a step by step.
- Download and install Link Shell Extension
- In your OS drive (usually your drive) create two folders one for the videos and one for the sound files.
- Open the ACV folder and keep them next to each other.
- Drag all the files and folders from the video and sound folder in the corresponding folder (cut and paste don't copy them.)
- Right-click the sound folders and select "pick link source" then in the empty original ACV folders right click and "Drop as" - "Symbolic Link" (make sure you do this for every file, and yes you can batch it by selecting all the files.)
- Do the same again with the files in the video folder. Note Do not try to batch link the folders as it won't work and you have to do each one individually but instead, select "drop as" - "Junction"
- You can delete any language files you don't want in order to save some space.
If you make a mistake don't worry just delete the .sym file or the junction and do it again.
Launch the game and give it a min or two and you should be good to go.
Want to give credit to redlight on the Ubisoft forum for the original help. I'm gonna put on a brew now. Got a long night ahead!
I hope this will help!
Nothing is working for me either.
Everything is up to date, but the game won't launch.
My boyfriend installed it on his PC, NOT on c:/, and it worked.
I can only install it on my other drive since my c:/ doesn't have space for another ~64 gb game.
Every other game works without being installed there.
Intel Core i5-9600K 3.70Ghz