Welcome to discussion
Best posts made by MikeStarmgard
Latest posts made by MikeStarmgard
@fgx1988 I totally agree, that would be a fantastic way to keep people playing. I just don't think that ubi would do that because they're already charging for reskins/colour variants in the store. So I thought that runes would be more likely to actually be implemented.
As a side note though, I wish they would let us wear some of the armour that npcs wear in game. Some of those are great.
Oh, and I forgot about abilities.
I think that all abilities should be kept by the character and the ability books in NG+ should not be functional or interactive once unlocked, however if the player missed them in their first play through, they still contain the original ability.
I’m sure I’m not the only one but I have some ideas for a great way to manage new game plus in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
After watching a Joraptor video on youtube and hearing comments regarding the challenges with NG+ I would just love to offer feedback and a solution to the issues mentioned; and to other issues that I would predict becoming a challenge for the team.
· Beginning a new game and starting out in Norway doesn’t need to be compulsory, but could be optional.
· Think about Norway as a tutorial. Many games allow players to skip the tutorial and get on with the main game. The player would forfeit all storyline quests available up to that point (however still be able to travel back there to complete side content etc. at their own leisure).
· This would be an option presented to the player when selecting to start a NG+.
· If they choose to skip the Norway section, they would begin the game on the longship when first sailing into Mercia, listening to Dag make terrible suggestion on what to do at the time.
· Player can also choose not to skip Norway and still play through the first part of the game as normal.
· This will prevent players ever missing out on seasonal content and feeling the need to rush through the Norway section of the game.
· In NG+ any world chests that contain weapons or armor in the normal (1st play through) game will be replaced with one of the following:
33.3% chance for 1 x random diamond armor rune
33.3% chance for 1 x Random diamond weapon rune
33.3% chance for 3 x different circular weapon or armor runes (can be mixed) plus 100 silver.
· Any quests that have weapons or armor pieces as reward would also have these same as above (this includes river raids and any simular future content).
· This will also give players the desire to continue to hunt for wealth in each area of the map, increasing replay value.
· If the player did not unlock the chest and obtain the armor or weapon in their first play through – the chest still contains the original item.
· On NG+ the settlement level must be reset to the minimum level.
· Not doing this will make raiding a waste of time and give players nothing to work toward.
· All acquired settlement items (cosmetic items) must still remain with the player and usable, but everything else needs to be unlocked through raiding and acquiring resources.
Challenge / Character Levelling:
· Power level and all skill / mastery points remain on the character.
· Arrow quiver and ration pouch remain at current level.
· An option would need to be added for enemy scaling; and if activated, scales all enemies to the character current power level.
· Players not wanting a challenge can turn enemy scaling off and be overpowered if they want to; however a message should pop up telling people that currently locked achievements / trophies will not be unlockable while the scaling option is disabled.
· All equipment remains at current level with current runes equipped, still in their slots.
· The following unused items are kept in NG+:
Acquired leftover settlement supplies (not raw materials).