Best posts made by MR.OPERATOR.
Can we expect some changes to the way the game handles items in the inventory? I mean:
- Runes are stored one by one instead of one slot with all the same runes (i. e. there are 10 runes of life in 10 slots instead of 1 slot with 10 runes of life).
- Majority of quest items are not removed from the inventory after the completion of certain quests. I have so many of them: Burgred's offer, Aelfred's orders, daggers that belonged to daughters of Lerion, and many many more, even a map from Dugr (or something like that - the Jotun from Utgard's fighting pit)...
- Some collectibles have not been removed from my inventory: few revenge notes, Ornir's key, Ochre cave key, Eatun barn key, etc.
These issues have already been reported several times and I wonder if dev team actually is going to do anything about it. Although I really enjoy AC Valhalla in general, I think this game has one of the worse inventory managament I've seen so far. Consider:
- BUG FIX: Fixing quest items and some collectibles so that they are removed from the inventory after meeting the criteria;
- QOL: Allow to stack runes in single slot with the number, you know: as all other items....
- QOL: Sort items in the inventory, so that they do not appear in the order they were looted but rather alphabetically / alphanumerically. Example: I wan't to read Rigsogur once I collect all pages but in order to do this I will have to find all (10?) pages manually, which considering the amount of items, may take same time. Sorting would help.
I have just finished the game and want to share a few bugs that I could not see amongst know issues as well as balancing issues that in my opinion should somehow be addressed.
- I have already achieved gold medal in all mastery challenges and bought all items from Hildiran, however the icon of her house in Ravensthorpe has greenish obvolute, which would suggest that there is something to be done (like upgrade her house for example). Am I missing some part or is it a GUI glitch? See pictures: https://we.tl/t-XgVrbfjU76 https://we.tl/t-sBvfsuigAI.
- I can loot everything while mounted (opals, chests, skeletons, jars, etc.) except for titanium.
- Silver deniers are not displayed in the inventory. They can be spent and work good though, so it's only a minor GUI glitch (or perhaps a feature but it's strange that all others are displayed and those are not).
- The discovery of Isu message in the crypt under Saint-Denis gives 2 skill points, even if Eivor has already reached max power level (466). Now I got 2 skill points that I cannot spend. I would expect them to be mastery points at this stage.
- A lot of quest items are not removed from the inventory. Some of them probably should stay there, but items such as daggers looted from daughters of Lerion should have been removed after using them to unlock the vault under Lerion's house.
- While attacked by rats in Francia, Eivor cries "Damn! Flames!" instead of something like "Damn! Rats!".
- Sometimes Eivor loses track of enemies, while switching from melee weapon to bow. It works like this: I am headed towards me enemy and want to shoot him but when I press right button on the mouse, Eivor immidiately turns away. It sometimes also triggers not neceserilly when switching to bow, but randomly during the combat. See the short video of this issue (especially around the fifth second):
- The are multiple malfunctions regarding interactions:
- I cannot pickpocket while Eivor is crouched.
- I cannot leave haystacks or piles of leaves after performing leaps of faith or simple covering inside them when Eivor walks. Pressing left control button to trigger jogging seems to fix it and then I can leave them.
- The same as above applies to using ladders.
- Not sure if it's a bug, but looting system seems to work strangely. For example: I can loot broken bows from standard bearers, although they do not use bows. I can loot broken shields from skirmishers, although they only use a dagger.
- I would expect all abilities to have cooldowns. The current balancing makes some of them pretty much overpowered. Example: thorn of slumber can be used to put enemies to sleep and assassinate them even if Eivor has been spotted. Successful assassinations as well as staying in combat generates adrenaline, which allows players to do it endlessly and kill every single normal and elite enemy with one hit. Just use thorn of slumber (-1 adrenaline), assassinate (now you basically have +1 adrenaline) and repeat until you're bored or the whole England is dead. Since assassinations provide 50% bonus experience, it also provides a fast way to level up.
- The same applies to skills such as last chance healing. This makes Eivor (kind of) immortal. It triggers even when my HP drops to 0 (I think so at least, can't confirm exactly but many times it looked like Eivor's HP was 0 and I still had a chance to heal). Look at this short video to see how Eivor should die 2 times within a few seconds but is still alive and kicking https://we.tl/t-k1pJlo5Grh. Perhaps it's a bug.
- Is there any particular reason why I have over 14 000 supplies and 120 raw materials even though I have already reached max level of Ravensthorpe? Even Siege of Paris provides additional raw materials (6 x 20 raw materials). What do I need them for now?
- Fall damage should be increased for Eivor. Now Eivor can jump from any building or almost any mountain and barely gets any damage, which immidiately are healed by Idun's heart, so it's pretty much no damage.
- Idun's heart should be removed or significantly nerfed. This skill removes the necessity to use rations and makes abilities such as survival instinct useless. Why would I immobilise Eivor for several seconds to heal a small amount of HP if I can run around and not get hit to heal much more HP and faster? I would never use survival instinct, since, even if I wanted to, Idun's heart heals all HP before I can even start bandaging.
- Why runes aren't stacked in the inventory but displayed one by one? I would prefer to see 1 slot with the number 10 for 10 greater runes of health instead of 10 slots with 1 greater rune of health. It makes looking for particular items in the inventory tedious as I need to scroll down a lot.
- For the love of God - introduce the option to filter items in shops or blacksmiths I was so tired when I upgraded many items at Gunnar's. It took me like an hour or something and was like: scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, enhance, done and go next, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, enhance, done and go next, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, enhance, done and go next, and so on...
- Missile reversal works on crossbow bolts. They can be caught and shot back - with a bow! Eivor the Flash!
This is a common "feature" in this game... I've experienced this many times together with other "features", such as: Eivor can't use ladders (neither go up nor go down) when walking (I have it set to simply click left control on keyboard to toggle walking, not hold). My theory is that it's linked to this since when I click left control on keyboard to toggle jogging, Eivor magically recalls how to use ladder, leave haystacks, etc...
Not that I would comment on this but I've already reported this few months ago and it's not been fixed since that so I would not expect it to get fixed. Just a little irritating "feature", one of many...