Best posts made by MrRancor
Had the same problem.
Although the Meldeburne regions seems to be an immidiate trigger for the game to crash, in general it will crash sooner or later when playing on version 1.3.0. I get crashes occuring almost immidiately when entering the game to a couple of hours of game play, but the timeframe is completely random.
Here are my attempts to troubleshooting this.
* Updated to lastest nVidia driver.
* Updated Windows 10 with all latest patches (was already up to date).
* Changed / increased pagefile size from 16 - 32GB.
* Unload all overlay applications like RivaTuner.
* Closed down all background applications including AV, before / while running the game.
* Clean reboot of PC, then directly into game.
* Launching game as Administrator
* Validating all game files.
* Deleting two cache folders in the 'Documents/Assassin's Creed Valhalla' folder
None of the above made any difference
Here are my findings.
***Only Fix I found that worked (or prevented any crashing) and got me though the Meldeburne Region + Other regions was to:
Lower the World details from Ultra High -> Very High.
Some of you might want to try that and see if it makes a difference.