Welcome to discussion
Best posts made by Netspook
Sorry, but these kinds of comments makes me laugh. RPG is *NOT* about collecting huge amounts of loot constantly. That is a cheap MMO trick, or clicky Diablo clones to make up for being light on actual roleplaying throughout. I HATE that so many so-called roleplaying games forces you to play the role of a compulsive pack-mule scavenger. Looting defeated enemies is good, but not generally for their armor and weapons, stripping everything bare to accumulate wealth in order to afford overpriced and overpowered gear at your next trader. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Gathering resources like in Valhalla is an elegant solution to this issue and it fits well with the narrative of the story. Valhalla is an unpolished gem released a month too early, but your issues are matters of personal taste that are shallow anti-roleplaying MMORPG tropes rather that flaws.
Sorry, but this is just ridiculous.
They claimed exploration would be rewarding. And when almost every chest contains a few of the same 2 resources, does that feel rewarding to you? For me the answer is simple: hell no!
Sorry, but I the real "laughable" thing in this debate, is that you seem to believe there are only two options: loot everywhere or almost none. There are plenty of other options the devs could have gone for. Not to mention, you call our taste "shallow" when you're the one defending the most shallow loot system I've ever seen.
I'm sorry but if you can't remember any games with as many bugs as Valhalla then you haven't been gaming long. Every major title I have bought since the release of the XB1 has had launch day issues. And, Valhalla seems to be a hit and miss with bug issues; I have had very few issues with the game. Unfortunately, those who have a bad experience are the ones that cry the loudest and those without many issues are less likely to even say anything. I will add that I have two different XB1s playing Valhalla and neither of us have experienced even close to the many problems people are complaining about.
This is rubbish in sooo many ways.
First, I've been playing games for almost 40 years. I've NEVER experienced ANY game that is nowhere near the amount of bugs which Valhalla has.
Valhalla doesn't just have "launch day issues". We've gotten 2 patches after launch that didn't do much at all.
Those who "cry" are MANY, and for obvious reasons. This game has LOTS of GAMEBREAKING bugs. Of course we "cry" when we pay for a product that doesn't work.
"Because I don't have problems, there are no problems". Really? REALLY???
Larrykop is right, you're arrogant and wrong. And quite a lot more that I'm not allowed to say here.
Well ya'll Valhalla has officially ticked me off. I'm done with it. I'm over 80 hrs in & its utter trash. I quit.
Yeah, I'm done too. And I've played less than half of your playtime.
Currently, I'm in Asgard, in a boss fight where every possible bug has hit me, so I can barely do anything, and I'm even more than halfdead before the game has finished loading. And all other saves has magically disappeared so I can't do anything about it.
And at this time, I will NOT start over, because:
- Worst combat system I've ever seen
- Stealth is mostly completely meaningless. For this and several other reasons, I'm not considering this an AC game, far from it.
- Worst itemisation I've ever seen
- "Rewarding exploration" is about getting chests with leathers and metals, barely anything else
- Garbage upgrading system which forces us to "explore" more to get those mats
- Raids. Neverending waves of enemies. A boring and annoying mandatory grind to get the mats for your settlement.
- No tracking of side quests. Not important for most of them, but for some it would be REALLY useful.
- Side quests/activities are probably mandatory, else you'll be both underleveled and undergeared.
- No level scaling option, therefore you are forced to do zones in order.
- So far, England has ZERO variation. Boring as hell.
- Absolutely INSANE amount of bugs. Combined with the save files bugs, it's likely the game will break again. Seems they fired the QA team.
And quite a few more issues...
Think I'll replay Odyssey instead.
Sorry, but I don't believe you.
There is enough harsh criticism on these forums, which Ubi have NOT deleted. If they deleted your thread, I'm sure the language was worse than this repost. Far worse.
And if this post actually is the the same as the one that was deleted, I guessing it's against the rules to repost it.
Odyssey and Origins were buggy as hell at release?
Pulling "facts" from unmentionable places, or? I preordered both games, and played them immediately from release. I never encountered a single bug.
Valhalla, on the other hand, probably has more bugs than all games I've played the last 10 years combined.
I'm a Norwegian and I'm not easily offended, far from it. I think Ubi's name choice was weird, but I don't have any problems with it.
You do raise an interesting point, though, but that debate is soon over since they'll probably ban you for obvious reasons.
Btw, Ubi, if you see this: the f word isn't sensored, but an innocent word beginning with garb... that simply means rubbish, is?
i just dont understand why so many ppl use that setting in the 1st place. How is the game even fun when you remove very kind of challenge for yourself?
Seeing how this setting is even in the game, and so many ppl seem to use i now finally understand why they make their game so easy and simplify everything.
I guess that they cater towards that audience or something.
The problem is?
You can play on whatever difficulty you want, what others do is not your concern and have ZERO impact on you.
In Breakpoint it's raining gear left and right. And according to you, there is absolutely nothing wrong at all with that game, you've attacked absolutely every types of criticism. And now, when Ubi limits gear drops, it's suddenly understandable?
How much is Ubi paying you?
Latest posts made by Netspook
Dont really understand a persons need to be so negative all the time. Also why should i refrain myself from using these forums just cos 1person feels like that.
YOU said you left the forum, no one else.
"Negative all the time"? Forgotten your own "pure garbage" posts?
Sigh.... Looks like I have to spoonfeed you again.
- I defend the BUSINESS side of it. If it was your company, would you do it differently, and wave goodbye to over $600 MILLIONS per year? No you wouldn't - if you claim so, you're a liar.
- I personally DO NOT LIKE these ingame shops, but AGAIN: you have to be completely ignorant if you don't understand why they exist.
- The ONLY way for us to vote NO, is to NOT use the shop, and the MAJORITY of players must do that for an effect, not a few whiners. And that is NOT the case currently. Ubi: "10k complaints on the forums, but another million more players spent money on our shops - who on earth shall we focus on"? Something starting to sink in now?
- Companies are NOT greedy, simply for trying to earn money. Bottom line, that's their MAIN GOAL. That's not a defense of Ubi, that's how the world works. Where there's a market, someone will sell, and here is a HUGE market, proven by the numbers.
Ubi doesn't care about a few whiners. They laugh all the way to the bank.
Btw, Asgardians "efforts" are all over the place, like attacking som dude with 5 posts for spamming, while he had far over 1000 himself. And kept on implying how stupid everyone else were in a thread, when no one agreed with his points. And he keeps on calling this game "pure garbage" - yeah, nice efforts.
But thanks to people like you we're going to continue losing game content in the animus store because your blind enough to say "It's ok I don't use it"
I'm saying I understand the business decision, and I've made it clear both that I personally don't like these ingame shops, AND that I don't buy cosmetics and whatever bs they sell. The increase in store stuff is NOT because of "people like me", it's because more and more people spend money on it.
Still too complicated?
looks like Netspook deleted all his posts he ever made...
Huh? Need new glasses, or?
Haven't deleted as much as a single post, and my earlier replies in this thread are still there.
So you're still around? You claimed you were leaving and said goodbye. I replied something about you not going anywhere. We're used to your exaggerations, yet again you proved that's exactly what they are.
I've already told you in another thread that I don't pay for cosmetics and such. But what you call "bs" (I don't disagree with that), is VERY popular, and as long as game companies earn loads of money of them, nothing will change.
You act like you didn't know cosmetics would be behind a paywall. That's entirely on you, this isn't something new, pretty much all of us knew this long before release. They've done this for a long time now.
And do you seriously believe Ubi will wave goodby to hundreds of millions of dollars each year, just because you whine on the fourms?