Posts made by Obeyyourmastr
This is just my opinion. Your gameplay experience may be totally different.
I have played the game for 136 hours and have a 384 skill level.
The first 40 hours of gameplay were captivating and engrossing. At 60 hours it became monotonous. At 80 hours it was boring.
On the last two story arcs I used the space bar to expedite through all of the cut scenes and conversations because I didn’t care what the NPCs had to say. I didn’t waste time looting during the last two story arcs as I had already upgraded my gear to mythical.
When I was transported out of the game for the last time to interact with Layla and the Animus I also used the space bar because all of the NPCs had diarrhea of the mouth.
When I had control of Basim (“I did it because of my family”) during the last Animus scene I just re-entered the Animus without interacting with any of the environment…I just wanted to end the game. We all know the “tree” has many stories to tell.
A lot of game resources could have been used to improve the core game if they omitted the immersion breaking Animus (current day) gameplay and data nodes.
Once you finish the “end game” you see a pop up stating something to the fact “you have more secrets to discover and more lands to explore.” My reply is I finished the game and regret buying the season pass. I probably won’t play any of the expansions or DLCs as it adds nothing to the end game nor do I have any incentive to replay the game.
Here are somethings I learned during my gameplay experience:
I used the raven only a dozen times. Totally useless in the game.
Most of your combat interactions will be melee so build around that.
Assassination is an afterthought in this game.
I upgraded the settlement to just below level 6…only to realize that the only buildings needed were the Hidden Ones Bureau for the Hidden Ones questlines and the cartographer. You spend very little time in your settlement anyway.
· Blacksmith not needed…available in most towns and cities.
· Stable not needed…available in most towns and cities.
· Trader not needed…available in most towns and cities.
· Seers hut not needed unless you want to do the side quests. You only get 10 skill points for completing both parts of the quest. You have to collect 30 “tears” for each part of the quest and you have a chance to kill a level 400 legendary animal. Entire side quests has no effect on the end game.
· Fishing hut not needed unless you want to waste time on broken quests.
· Hunting lodge not needed unless you want to waste time on broken quests.
· Shipyard not needed unless you want to change the appearance of your longboat which you don’t spend that much time on. No other longboat upgrades available.
· Tattoo shop not needed unless you want to constantly change the limited available tattoos and hair styles.
· Barracks not needed unless you want to recruit other players Jomsvikings. Has no effect on monastery raids. Go into a monastery with Eivor, kill everyone and then use your horn to call your raiders as you need them to open up the doors and raid chests.
· Museum not needed. Only gives you cosmetic items for your settlement.
· Reda is worthless as quests are broken and you need a large amount of opals to buy his junk.
· All other outbuildings not needed unless you want feast buffs. I only used the longhouse feast buff once as I didn’t see any real benefit of the buffs during gameplay.
Data nodes are useless. Just immersion breaking parkour puzzles that have nothing to do with the endgame. I did the first three data nodes and passed on the others.
Chasing flying books only to be rewarded with a random tattoo. I did three and passed on the rest of them.
The overabundance of “blocked” doors which have a chest with a miniscule amount of basic crafting materials and silver. Not worth the effort to solve the puzzles.
The berserker quest is useless. When you finish the quest you get to recruit the berserker and not the bear. The bear dies from wounds/old age at the end of the quest.
De-synchronized because I killed three civilians who happen to be in the middle of a quest/combat area.
The convoluted skill tree. Just a disaster. Granted you can respect at no cost, but it is a waste of time to respect from bear to raven to wolf as the scenario changes. It doesn’t make a difference near end game as you have the skill points for all three skill trees.
Yggdrasil story arc is boring and immersion breaking.
Most of the countryside is lifeless.
Would have been nice to have the ability to kill Basim by midgame and also the option to let Sigurd die in Fulke’s dungeon as he is just a waste of time.
I won’t comment on the game breaking bugs as that is another topic in itself.
I have learned my lesson to not buy pre-order game bundles. I’ll just save my cash and wait awhile after a game is released to purchase it based on valid reviews.