Best posts made by RamboBambiBambo
We all know that Extraction is pretty much the sequel to the Outbreak mode in OPERATION // CHIMERA, but will we actually be able to play the maps in R6 Extraction as well? Essentially allowing players to have a Prologue Chapter of sorts to the main events of the game as a whole. It would really help with players to understand the story beats, especially for those who didn't get to play in the Outbreak mode since they are newer players to the series.
In my opinion, the limited-time events and arcade modes should remain active as options to play in Custom Games with your friends. This way you can have a gun time playing Rainbow Is Magic with your buddies, play Headshots Only for practice of your aim, and other fun game-modes. Heck, bring back Outbreak so the bois can have fun playing the prologue events to R6 Extraction.
Now the only reason I can see that Ubi doesn't currently do this is because of the fact that these Events are supposed to make the game feel fresh. Well you know what!? You're right. The events should still feel fresh. And here is how I think that could be done:
Add New Maps To The Events !
Showdown is only played on Fort Truth. But what about offering a reworked version of the map called Fort Consequences or possibly even a new map for the mode called Outlaw's Hideout? This would allow for each time the events make a return to feel unique and special.
Rainbow Is Magic can not only be played on Toy Plane, but also Toy House as well; which would be House but with the gimmick of being constructed out of LEGO BRICKS! Imagine using a shotgun to blast a hole through a wall, and the lego bricks literally fall out of the wall?
M.U.T.E. Protocol could be played not only on Mute Tower, but perhaps another map could get the Sci-Fi treatment. Which map? I would recommend Skyscraper if we want to stay on the motif of the map taking place on a tower structure.
Sugar Fright's map of Neighborhood needs some tweaking to prevent players from entering a spawn zone and camping it. But since Neighborhood was such a fun map, what about making another one called Suburbia?
Doktor's Curse is fun on Theme Park, but what about making it available to play on a spooky version of Clubhouse?
And heck, we already have two versions of the Stadium map, being the Hereford/Oregon hybrid and the Border/Coastline hybrid, so why can't we play those in custom games? Especially given the fact that the Road to S.I. 2021 didn't bring back the 2020 map for players to enjoy alongside the new edition of the map.
There is just room for growth and I am saying that it would be nice to allow players to play Events in Custom Games.
As for Arcade Modes? I really do not see any reason why they aren't already in custom games and available to play on every map in the roster.
REAL QUESTION FOR THE DEVS TO ANSWER
How come we get duplicates in our Alpha Packs?
I can understand that when Siege first began, there was VERY LITTLE in the form of cosmetics available for the game, but now there are THOUSANDS of weapon charms and DOZENs of headgears, uniforms, and weapon skins available for every character!
Do you want to know what my last EIGHT duplicates were?
8 times in a row... I got the Calico Jack headgear for Capitao... a headgear I bought with R6 Credits YEARS AGO is something I have gotten a duplicate on SUDDENLY VERY OFTEN !
Like... seriously... Let me compare you to a garbage game that does cosmetic unlocks correctly.
Halo 5 Guardians, the pile of garbage that we were given form 343 Industries back in 2015, you know, the same YEAR that we got Siege; is a game where their unlock packs are guaranteed to NOT give you item duplicates in the cosmetics department !!!
What makes it even WORSE is the fact that I could have accumulated, lets say, 37.5$ chance to win an Alpha Pack. My team got lucky enough to be paired with a team that isn't levels beyond us in terms of skills. We were victorious and the Alpha Pack spin goes around-and-around in it's randomized fashion. And then we are awarded with an Alpha Pack... only to open it and have the SECOND RNG ROLL happen and... we get another duplicate of an item we already have.
So I have another question to ask then....
"When are we going to get an update where there will no longer be a duplicate item available in the Alpha Pack system?"
Because to be honest?
Duplicates are an outdated system that should be reworked out of the game. There will eventually be 100 Operators in this game, each with headgears and uniforms. Every season there are new charms and skins added. The chances to unlock something new with Alpha Packs will be below .01%.
So... Rainbow Six Siege is now coming up on its 7th year.
Ubi, you promised that you would support this game for 10 years and give us 100 operators, if not even more if you could. Now that we only get 1 operator per season, that has extended Siege's life SIGNIFICANTLY to nearly two-decades. The problem is that Siege is not only working on outdated tech... I've heard that it is working off of a modified version of the Assassin's Creed Unity engine. That would certainly explain some things that have been issues and glitches for the longest of time.
So my question is...
When are we getting the pseudo-sequel to Siege?
Now what do I mean by Pseudo-sequel? Well what I mean is essentially a remaster of Siege itself, utilizing a new engine and placing it on the shoulders of better tech provided by the new console generation and the newer PC hardware that players can put together.
Siege 2, as I propose, would simply just be Siege but enhanced if possible. It would take the save data from players of Siege 1 and have it so that it carries over into Siege 2, allowing us to keep our levels, stats, and unlocks as players eventually buy the pseudo-sequel and continue having fun with the game from there. But what could be the REAL selling point of the game? Sure it would offer enhancements, be a better run version of the game, and help ensure that the game looks better than ever. A definite plus if the audio glitches are somehow fixed. But what else could be enticing to bring players over?
I propose that Siege 2 has a few things new at launch -
- Classic Casual Playlist - The ability for players to play on all maps pre-rework in both a casual / quick-play mode and in custom games.
- New Maps - I propose that at the launch of Siege 2, you try to have at least 6 new maps available from the first six seasons that players didn't get to have maps added into the game; being Operations HEALTH - CHIMERA - GRIM SKY - PHANTOM SIGHT - EMBER RISE - and SHIFTING TIDES. Then as the years progress, I propose that there be a season where NO new operator is released, postponing the Operator until the next season to be released alongside with another operator. The season we see no new operator? It will be one where a small crew of map designers have been working to fill in for every other season we didn't receive a new map, releasing two maps at once to expand the game's roster of locales. Eventually, this method will catch up on every season we haven't received a new map so far.
- New Operators at Launch - I would recommend that one of the best ways to bring players into Siege 2 quicker would be the prospect of having 5 new Operators at launch to play with, 3 new Attackers and 3 new Defenders that would be Siege 2 exclusives. This would likely to be enticing enough to bring players over to Siege 2.
- Arsenal - Fans have been wanting to get new guns for a long time and the only new weapons we have seen since OPERATION // PHANTOM SIGHT is the CSRX 300 from KALI and the SC-20K for ZERO. I think that for every Operator that uses recycled guns, they should be given the LION and FINKA treatment of having at least 1 new gun exclusive to that Operator until it too gets recycled. Granted, balancing might be a bit of an issue. The last thing we want is another Scorpion fiasco.
- OPERATION // WHITE MASK - I propose that we bring back the idea of having Team Rainbow fight against the White Masks as a PvE campaign where players can work solo with bots that follow voice commands and Ping 2.0 commands to complete missions OR play cooperatively with friends to move as a squad and complete missions. Depending on which Operators and loadouts players pick, no two missions would play the same. To save on data, I think it would be nice to try to fit many maps into the missions in some section, so that can help reduce the game's size in terms of storage space on hard drives. It would also be neat to somehow have the story tie in with Rainbow Six Patriots; helping to reignite interest in that title so that you can release that one as well as either a DLC or as it's own game.
- Operator Videos - Small bit of fun. But allow each Operator to have an Operator Video to showcase them in their glory when players unlock them.
Now I know what a lot of viewers might be thinking "RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo... This is a lot to ask them for."
To which my response is -
"Is Ubisoft NOT a game development company with multiple branches that span the globe? Can they not ask any of the other 25 Ubisoft Studios to help assist with the development of Siege 2 and the modification of an engine that is more designed for shooters to better fit the needs of Siege? And since Ubi wants to support this game for so long, it is really only a matter of time until we do see a Siege 2. All I am asking is when we might get to that and what could be done to make it truly Siege 2.0 beyond just graphical upgrades and bug fixes."
This is a few suggestions should they answer the question of when the pseudo-sequel of Siege 2 be made.
Here is how I would do this...
Have another Ubi Dev Studio, probably Ubisoft North America, work on making a game that is similar to R6 Extraction. A game that plays VERY MUCH the same as Siege, but has a few tweaks and is focused on team coordination while having changing objectives as they move through the mission area. Possibly make it a Semi-Open World in missions where the enemy has to be located and hunted down after they attempt an escape.
OPERATION // WHITE MASK could be the sub-title of the game, and would be mostly campaign focused of course. It would be a game that does the following :
- MAXIMUM REPLAYABILITY -
- Allow players to go alone and use voice commands / Ping 2.0 to communicate to teammates and lead a squadron of Operators through missions to complete objectives, clear the area, and progress the story.
- Allow players to go in a squad of teammates to play cooperatively through missions.
- Depending on which Operators and Loadouts you select, the placements of enemies and their setup of traps and defenses; no two playthroughs of the story mode missions will be the same; allowing for a lot of intense replayability.
- Operators will not be restricted to their weapons, attachments, and tactical gadgets that they wield in Siege. Since this is a PvE experience, their arsenal should be much broader in terms of customization options. And some Nerfs to select Operators will be recinded for the game since their nerf balances were done for the PvP balancing.
- However, certain Operators will have some restrictions to the arsenal. For example, MONTAGNE will only be able to use secondary weapons. BUCK can only use Assault Rifles with a lower rail that can mount his Skeleton Key shotgun. BLACKBEARD can only use guns that have picatinny rails on the sides along the barrel so he can mount his Rifle Shield.
- Certain weapons will be enhanced. Mainly the GONNE-6 is now able to be properly reloaded (it is a break action after all), and will now have 5 reserve rounds of ammo.
- Gadgets and Attachments from Extraction will also enter the arsenal for options, if they are deemed balanced enough for use against the White Masks.
- All future Operators added to Siege, and possibly Extraction, will be available for use in the story mode.
- Terrorist Hunt and Situations are expanded, adding new challenges and being able to be played on all of the PvP Maps in Siege, pre-reworks included to maximize the amount of locales and challenges available. Can you survive the hardest situation where it is nothing but Bombers wandering the structure while you extract a hostage?
- NEW PvP CONTENT FOR R6 SIEGE -
- The dev team would also design 6 new multiplayer maps that will be added to Siege upon the release of R6 OPERATION // WHITE MASK, allowing for players of Siege's multiplayer to enjoy 6 new locales that they can play within. These 6 locales can found in sections of the campaign at key moments where the gameplay most resembles Siege as the players either have to break in a fortified structure or defend themselves as they await extraction.
- This also leaves the opportunity to have a few more maps release post launch of R6 OP // WM, as sure there are 6 major locations ideal for PvP, but there are far more than
- New skins and weapon charms for use in Siege and Extraction, unlocked for players who own OPERATION // WHITE MASK, have completed certain challenges within, and have completed the campaign mode.
- REIGNITE INTEREST IN R6 PATRIOTS -
- Have the story of OPERATION // WHITE MASK have some ties to the cancelled title of R6 Patriots, allowing for interest in the cancelled story to be renewed and then either sold as a prequel or as a DLC story to help explain how Rainbow was shut down and then reinitialized when the White Masks first attacked.
- Those who buy the Prequel / Prequel DLC would also unlock content for use in Siege and Extraction in the form of cosmetics.
- MAXIMUM REPLAYABILITY -
Blackbeard doesn't even block any hits. Since OPERATION // SHIFTING TIDES meddled with how bullet-penetration works, the bullet will now destroy his shield and still hit him in the face. (speaking from experience from a few single-fire MP5 spawn-peeks I have received.)
What should be done is a soft rework.
Boost his Shield HP to 60. Once it reaches 0HP, have the shield shatter like MIRA, MAESTRO, and OSA's ballistic glass. It will still block bullets, but it will make him essentially blind until he changes his rifle shield or force him to go to his sidearm.
Since this rework would make his shield shatter rather than fall apart, it will require him to take the shield off and switch it with his backup; thus making him vulnerable for a brief period as he had to fall back to reset his gear.
There, fixed Blackbeard so he isn't just a Recruit with the ability to go slower.
Pro-League is the blame for everything.
Ever wonder why a videogame, or even a hobby-sport becomes filled with toxic people? Pro-League.
Look at Airsoft for example. It is thanks to the Pro-League tournaments that we have to deal with "Speed-Softers" in regular casual matchups where it is just a casual-friday matchup.
Look at what has happened to Fortnite even! The game was actually enjoyable at launch. But once the Pro-League got involved, players suddenly had to become experts at building to fight in the game AND the weapons sandbox was updated to be stacked to fit Pro-League standards. You have a shotgun in close quarters? Well too bad, an SMG just outgunned you in CQB because your gun now does less damage-per-second!
And now look what the E-Sports Simps have done to Siege!
- Story has been shifted from "We will eventually fight the White Masks" to "ToM cLAncy'S avEnGErs : CiVaL wAr"
- Dead Bodies disappear
- Every map is lit up brighter than Times Square
- No more night/day option (this was done so that Spawn-Peeking was easier to perform on targets you could see.)
- They Over-Nerf characters based on an arbitrary pick-rate chart. (Like seriously. Ash had a high pick-rate to begin with, but when the game became Defender Utility Meta, her picks skyrocketed. And then they nerfed her so that players wouldn't play her as often. So they went to Zofia... who lost withstand and got horrible recoil control on the M762. They then said "Go use Sledge and Iana" as a suggestion to counter utilities... and when everyone did they nerfed those two. And Blackbeard? Blackbeard was waaaay to heavily nerfed to the point that as of OPERATION // SHIFTING TIDES, when they altered bullet penetration, an MP5 on single-fire will break the shield and kill him instantly with a headshot... and they nerfed his shield further down to 20HP. Blackbeard is such a non-threat with his gadget that he is just Recruit with special guns.)
We have had nothing but reworks since OPERATION // PHANTOM SIGHT.
And that means that soon we will finally receive some new maps! Or Ubi will just have it be so that we get more Map Tweaks like how they are doing in OPERATION // CRYSTAL GUARD where they slightly tweak maps rather than redesign them to be 1/3 larger or adjusted.
There are only a few maps that haven't been seriously tweaked or reworked yet :
- Bartlett University
So I am hopeful that we will see some new maps. Perhaps ones that are taking place in regions where our Operators hail from? Such as a Polish Hostel for ZOFIA / ELA's map, a Safehouse in Denmark for NOKK and WARDEN to have a map of their own, or KALI's private estate in India - complete with a training ground for NightHaven to train at for operations?
I like this.
They should also make the crossover skins return.
- CASTLE's Far Cry Blood Dragon Pack
- KAPKAN's Assassin's Creed Pack
- JAGER's Splinter Cell Pack
- FUZE'S Ghost Recon Future Soldier Pack
- BUCK's Ghost Recon Wildlands Pack
- FROST's The Division Pack
Latest posts made by RamboBambiBambo
FINAL UPDATE !!!!!
OPERATION // RAINBOW REINFORCMENTS closes out with our two new German G.S.G. 9 Operators, one Attacker and One Defender.
Meet Leon Strauss - a.k.a. - RAPTOR.
A childhood friend of Marius "JÄGER" Streicher who had also joined the G.S.G. 9 and works as an investigative operator. He and Marius go way back and have some fun as if they were brothers. Since he is such close friends of JÄGER, it is fitting that he too serves as an anti-grenade operator; but for the Attackers instead.
--- --- --- --- --- ---
And then we have Anna Schneider - a.k.a. - GLARE
She is a Search-&-Rescue operative within the G.S.G. 9, specializing in bio-hazardous situations. Due to this, she not only serves as a G.S.G. 9 representative, but she will also join the R6 C.B.R.N. Threat Unit and R.E.A.C.T. teams. She is a beacon of hope to those in need, and her beacons can also be useful when fighting hostile forces in a close-quarters scenario.
--- --- --- --- --- ---
And there you have it.
OPERATION // RAINBOW REINFORCEMENTS and it's final update... unless...
I could either edit some of my other Operator designs a little bit... or just simply make more. After all, who says the Reinforcements should stop with the Pathfinders? I mean, the US Army Delta Forces, UK Metropolitan Police Services, Denmark's J.S.K., the United States Secret Service, the Peruvian A.P.C.A., the Mexican F.E.S., the European R.E.U., the South African I.T.F., the STAR-NET Aviation, and the Irish Garda Siochana still only have one Operator each.
Why not add a new Attacker and Defender to help complete the duo sets?
Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed my creations thus far. I might post the remainder of my 40+ Operators. Actually, come to think of it... maybe I should post my R.O.S. Operators, since technically that is the "crossover" C.T.U. they are using. Which means I might be able to post the following operators :
I'm not stating that Shields are OP... just that Shields are broken.
I had on more than a few occasions been shot through my riot shield's ballistic glass while playing BLITZ or MONTAGNE. I had a recent loss where I was Monty, had my shield fully extended, the defuser in the corner...... only for DOC to rush in and spray his MP5 at my ballistic glass to get a headshot because of this strange bug.
It is such a common bug that players are now shooting at the ballistic glass KNOWING that one bullet will penetrate through and kill the player holding the shield with an unwarranted headshot.
UPDATE NUMBER 3 !!!
So I know it has been a bit of a while. I got busy with other things plaguing my mind at the time but now I have worked again on my updates for the documents. So now I present unto you TWO Defenders. Think of this as the opposite of OPERATION // CHIMERA. Instead of adding a new Attacker to both the G.I.G.N. and Spetsnaz, I am now adding in a new Defender to both of these C.T.U.s.
Born on the island of Corse and a man of ambition (slightly inspired by Napoleon Bonaparte), Philippe Duchamp is the newest member of the G.I.G.N. crew and specializes as a new form of counter-breacher.
And here is our other Defender.
Joseph Sokolov Russian Spetsnaz operator who is arguably a cross-over with the Ghost Recon franchise since he is also a member of the "Bodark" unit within the Spetsnaz C.T.U.
He is a giant of a man yet caring. He had a dream of being a cosmonaut, but was instead dubbed too large for space-flight and instead chose the path of a Combat Engineer. His speciality is intel gathering and surprising the enemy with a stunning display of ingenuity.
--- --- --- --- --- ---
And there you have it, part 3 of 4 of my OPERATION // RAINBOW REINFORCEMENTS.
UPDATE No. 2 !!
I have completed detailing my two new F.B.I. S.W.A.T. Operator profiles!
Meet Peter "DECOY" Vaughan, a specialist who utilizes convincing distractions whenever possible in order to gain an edge on the OPFOR. He is our new Attacker.
And here is our new Defender -
Meet Allison "VOID" Hall, who utilizes a new type of anti-technology gadget inspired by chaff shells used by the military. THATCHER is sure to like her.
--- --- --- --- --- ---
And there you have it, two new F.B.I. S.W.A.T. Operators that could be added to the roster of R6 Siege. Both utilize non-lethal grenades to either distract the enemy and put them on edge, or to create an anti-tech cloud that also acts as a sparkly smoke grenade.
I have now finished upgrading my draft for our S.A.S. / C.B.R.N. Threat Unit / R.E.A.C.T. Defender.
Introducing Lewis "CACHE" J. Mason, or "Lewie" as Mike "THATCHER" Baker sometimes refers to him. A member of the S.A.S. who's first mission was actually the famous OPERATION // NIMROD. Now he is a Hazmat Specialist within the S.A.S. and a new member of Team Rainbow.
A fun detail about him? His character design should be easy as it already exists within the files of R6 Siege, since he wears a slightly modified version of the Hazmat suit worn in the "Article 5" Mission.
OPERATION // RAINBOW REINFORCEMENTS
Given that Rainbow Six Siege's storyline is going in a direction of ASH vs KALI, I have adjusted 6 of my fan-made Operator proposals so that they are now part of the Pathfinder C.T.U.s. Why did I do this?
Well, NightHaven S.I.S. now has 5 Operators in the roster, with more suspected on the way. The only other C.T.U.s that have 5 are the G.I.G.N. and Spetsnaz, thanks to LION and FINKA being added back in OPERATION // CHIMERA. Given that adding one more NightHaven Operator will mean that they will have more sway than ANY of the Rainbow Six host factions, I propose that ASH will approach SIX with a proposal.
ASH wants Team Rainbow to hold its more traditional values, methods, and morals. So she will want to have more Operators that will help ground Rainbow into support of that idea. So she starts off OPERATION // RAINBOW REINFORCEMENTS, which adds 8 new Operators to the roster and brings each of the Pathfinder C.T.U.s up to 6 Operators each.
- The S.A.S. Receive a new Attacker and a new C.B.R.N. Defender.
- Laura "SHATTER" Henderson
- Lewis "CACHE" Mason
- The F.B.I. S.W.A.T. Receive a new Attacker and a new Defender.
- Peter "DECOY" Vaughan
- Allison "VOID" Hall
- The G.I.G.N. Receive a new Defender (LION counts as both G.I.G.N. and C.B.R.N.).
- Phillippe "DAMASCUS" Duchamp
- The Spetsnaz Receive a new Defender (FINKA counts as both Spetsnaz and C.B.R.N.)
- Viktor "ZVEZDA" Sokolov
- The G.S.G. 9 Receive a new Attacker and a new C.B.R.N. Defender.
- Leon "RAPTOR" Strauss
- Anna "GLARE" Schneider
This would both give more operators in the team for ASH to try to use to pull her weight against KALI in the Six Invitational storyline and give us more characters that have some personal ties to the other Operators. Such as how SLEDGE and SHATTER know each other, THATCHER and CACHE working on occasion together ever since OPERATION_NIMROD, or RAPTOR and JÄGER being long-time friends even before the G.S.G. 9.
Anyhoo. Here is my first complete profile. The others are nearly done, but I figured I should start with the one that was my first ever concept operator : SHATTER.
Also @UbiYubble , perhaps we can have a discussion later on about my designs as mentioned earlier in another thread?
- The S.A.S. Receive a new Attacker and a new C.B.R.N. Defender.
Hi I have found a new glitch for R6 Siege for Console. I play on Xbox, so I don't know if it also applies to PlayStation versions of the game.
At the start of a match, there is a slight chance for this glitch to occur, and I do not know what exact parameters cause it.
But at the start of the match, my buttons are not mapped. I am unable to move my Attacker Drone or my Defender Operator during the prep-phase. As a result, I end up getting kicked or inactivity.
The reason I think this is a button-mapping glitch is because when I am an Attacker Drone during this, the button prompts at the bottom left of my screen will say things like "Press [UNMAPPED JUMP BUTTON] to Jump" and "Press [UNMAPPED SCAN BUTTON] to Scan for Enemies."
This glitch has caused me to abandon plenty of my matches. Thankfully I have so far only played Quick Play this season so far, as I am NOT touching Ranked until this issue is resolved.
The glitch only seems to affect the first round however. I found this out only recently by pressing the Select Button to bring up the match roster and stats, which tells the game I am pressing a button. Then once the round is over, the remainder of the match goes off without a hitch.