Best posts made by RealBukaTV
Latest posts made by RealBukaTV
I will be over-explaining in this 'How-To' since I have no idea what level of computer proficiency anyone reading it has.
- This procedure will only involve the CORE files to make the game run.
- Most games today (2021) are starting to exceed sizes from 60 GB to 160+ GB. =O
- These large game folder sizes are getting pretty ridiculous and tend to eat hard drive space easily.
- We do not play all the games we own all the time and need to be stored in a Secondary or even tertiary ARCHIVE drive that is terabytes in size.
- Because Ubisoft Connect does not address this issue specifically and their out-of-date game launcher can not even perform this simple task (as STEAM can easily) it is up to us (the players) to do what the devs can't do in a single day of FIXING this issue.
- When I say "drive" I mean mostly SSD or M.2 drives because if you are still using a mechanical hard drive then you have more problems than just game file storage... UPGRADE ya cheap bastage! lol
- POWER TO THE PLAYER!
- Easy steps that MUST be done to not lose your game files
- Your saved games typically are stored in the "My Documents" folder so they are not necessarily a part of this 'how-to'
- This procedure only talks about the major core files that make the average Ubisoft Connect game run
- In this example, I will only show the game Assassin's Creed Odyssey as it seems to be a very generic implementation that other games act identically and should work across all games using the Ubisoft Connect launcher
- It is assumed your game is already installed but the drive it is on is running out of space. More DLC anyone?
- The more DLC nonsense these game companies release WITHOUT allowing people to figure WHERE to store all these downloads without bursting their hard drives the worse gaming gets.
- How lazy are developers to not even address these multi-Gig game folders in this day and age? What is this 1988?
- Open the Ubisoft Connect launcher and go to your game (in this example 'Assassin's Creed Odyssey', your game can be something else, however)
- Select Properties (located beneath the 'Play' button)
- Look for 'Local files' section. You can NOT alter this and you NEED NOT alter this using Regedit anymore. There is a simpler way!
- Click 'Open folder' the File Manager window will open and you need to up ONE folder so you can choose COPY (or CUT). Example: Default location is "C:/Program Files (x86)/Uplay/AssassinsCreedOdyssey"
- Please note the developers of Ubisoft Connect do not understand the difference between a forward slash "/" and a backslash "\". The CORRECT way that should be used is a BACKSLASH "\", since these are novices they use the opposite and this has problems if you using a command line to move files. I am writing here what you should SEE in the box as THEY have it not how the rest of the world uses slashes. Once again when you do not know what you are doing you tend to screw everyone up. Ubisoft devs do not understand slash importance and use the incorrect form of slashes. Novices! They confuse the blackslash of INTERNET web browsers with the FORWARD slash of computers running PC software at HOME, not web servers! Really stupid mistake and clearly they do not understand CODING!
- Move to its new folder location such as your large multi-terabyte drive (in this example drive "F:\"). You actually do want to MOVE or CUT it from the original location and PASTE it to the new location on Drive F: Move the entire folder from drive 'C:' to bigger drive 'F:' with either File Manager (comes with Windows) or a great free software like 'Terracopy' (just internet search for it) that does file copy VERIFICATION! (Yes, verification takes longer but it's still faster than downloading a corrupt file from the source server. You do NOT have to verify files but it is there in the event you want guaranteed identical copies/file moves. File Manager is rather devoid of any additional verification features even in the New Windows 11 File Manager ...shame =/
- Once the entire folder is moved it will be moved from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Uplay/AssassinsCreedOdyssey/" to "F:/Games/Ubisoft/AssassinsCreedOdyssey/" ( it is assumed you manually created a folder named 'Games' and then a folder within that called 'Ubisoft')
- Please note the direction the slashes are leaning is how the Ubisoft software sees it NOT how it is supposed to be written CORRECTLY! Please note there is a forward slash at the VERY END of the location too. The Connect software should show it to be identical as I have written it. Slashes and spaces and syntax and all.
- Now you can click 'Uninstall' in the Connect software that will not even know you moved the files as you did it with File Manager or Terracopy it will quickly uninstall the software. It will do almost nothing and should finish in a few seconds. It will not remove your already moved games folder you just finished manually moving (Folder Cut and Paste)!
- Now your 'Play' button should show 'Download' DO NOT PRESS DOWNLOAD!
- Select 'Locate Game folder' beneath the button that says 'Download'. Point it to the F: drive (in this example)
- The Connect software will find and automatically VERIFY the correct file size of the entire manifest for the game folder!
- You do not need to 'Verify' the files implicitly as you would by selecting under Properties > Local files > Verify files as the previous step already did that!
- You are done, now your game will be seen from the new drive and no copious downloading was needed! No actual uninstallation and Connect file deletion were performed either!
One day, whenever Ubisoft feels like making the movement of voluminous game folders as easy as STEAM has had it for YEARS then we can all know they know what they are doing. Until then, sorry, Charlie!
Also posted here as the Discord link told me to. Maybe having multiple areas to post problems diverts the focus somewhat. There is a spell check here as the other location has NO spellcheck and NO ability to edit the post so I left it as such. Why are there no spellchecks there but here? Can't we get the same interface on both threads? Very odd oversight. Anywho...
It seems the User Interface developers are doing their best to alienate their customers in the poor quality of the UI design and ridiculous changes they have implemented. I have been playing all AC games since they came out and I have to say that the Sound and Visual and story in Valhalla is 10/10, however the UI development in Valhalla is horrifically bad. Here is my extensive list of terrible decisions and poor judgement on the part of the UI developers and they need to be corrected or the people responsible should not touch code ever again. These errors are mostly in no particular order of importance but all are found within the game as of version 1.02 and posted on 11/16/2020
1.) Problem one is getting to this page to post is terrible. On Valhalla Discord a link is given to go to:
Upon landing on this page the login button as shown here never updates the page but opens a NEW tab or window and it is that window that frustrates a user from actually logging into the page to start posting. This login button is broken as far as login and posting on the link provided. The given link above should update not open a NEW window or browser tab to start posting. Also, the new window that is opened does not update and go back to the original place of "Home > Assassin's Creed Valhalla > Player Support" so both procedures are broken and require the player to start all the way form the base website page. This makes the Discord link USELESS! Please fix this or out of frustration and many times of trying. People will quit and not reports errors. http://prntscr.com/vkhbrp: (http://prntscr.com/vkhbrp)
2.) Pressing the E key to move an ground object forces a person to unattach the avatar from the object by pressing the C key. All other AC games had it as E to attach and start moving with the object and E to to deattach and go back to adventuring. For some reason in this version of AC this was changed to a C key to deattach. WHY WAS THIS DONE? No amount of maneuvering shows the incorrect key of C as a hint on the screen and one has to exit the game and go back in and forego moving things until the C was discovered (much later by pure chance of banging on the keyboard). Why would the devs do this? Leave it at as E and E DO NOT Change it to E and C because the C popup is not shown and a player has no knowledge of how to deattach themselves from the moveable floor units to move them on the ground and find treasures. Once you attach you stand there and can not release this is RIDICULOUS! Frustration and a waste time.
3.) Foraging for food (rations) as a complete waste of time in the totality of the game. I have after many battles realized that despite being clever and tactical you must fight multiple enemies and you do get hurt as they surround you. You then have to forage for the stupid bushes which are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND IN THE VICINITY. You must leave the zone you are fighting and go find bushes of berries or mushrooms and by doing so RESPAWNS the camp or base completely and you back to square one. WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU DO THIS???? Why is it we have to mindlessly forage for food because our Health does not auto-regen out of combat? Foraging for stupid berries that are nowhere to be found along entire valleys and sides of mountains is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME and anti-fun!!! This is an ANTI-FUN endeavor and makes people want to quit playing! No one wants to forage for berries in the freakin middle of combat are you people insane??? Please bring back the auto-regen of health. Whomever designed this 'feature' in Valhalla should be prevented from ever touching game code ever again! Idiotic code this is! I am playing now on the "Normal" setting as before I was playing on "Hard" I now forage for 2 hours in the game for every 1 hour of combat, roughly per day. On Hard it was over 4 hours of foraging for stupid berries for every one hour of combat activities. THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME AND BORING!!! I did not login to forage berries as a game, this is MORONIC!
4.) Keys are pressing when on a boat or land and the UI does the EXACT opposite as the pressed key does. When maneuvering a boat the D key makes the boat turn right except most of the time it turns LEFT (no the key is not inverted!) If you press the W key you should attack by going forward but the avatar goes and attacks object BEHIND him or DOWN (toward the camera) when the W key is pressed. WHO DESIGNED THIS STUPID KEY SYSTEM? THIS IS MORONIC! if you press a key it should go in THAT direction not its opposite. This happens OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. I have shown this maneuver in my stream repeatedly and I die so many ties in fast moving combat as the avatar moves in completely the opposite direction and even jumps off of cliffs when on a roof of a castle and dies when I clearly told it GO left, it goes right, go up and he goes down. THIS IS STUPIDLY BAD! Please fire the UI developer! They are ruining this franchise causing multiple reloads because the UI design is TERRIBAD!!!
5.) Attacking the Iron ore nodes makes the avatar lunge passed the object that is being cracked to get at the ore to then backtrack and pickup the ore. The avatar should not lunge PAST a stationary object to then waste time to pickup the object on the ground. After hundreds of these iron ore accumulation this entire process is monotonous, boring and completely ANTI-FUN! At least the stupid avatar should move correctly and not waste our time as it has to go back to the iron node that it just hit to gathers its contents. Along this line I also end up standing ON TOP of the iron ore deposit (chests do this too) and swing at the object below which of course misses. If the deposit is below me and I am standing on it and I have to maneuver on these narrow ledges wasting time across 5-7 such nodes per encounter and they all do this!
The horse sometimes cracks these nodes with its hooves and other times jumps over it and why it works and does not is a freakin mystery. ALL MOUNTED iron ore procurement should work regardless of relative proximity to the iron deposit. At least we can go from deposit to deposit and gather faster. This entire process is BORING, UNEVENTFUL and ANTI-FUN! STOP WASTING OUR TIME with poor UI design what the heck is the matter with these terrible developers? After about 100 of such maneuvers you start wondering why you ever bought this pathetically bad UI designed game in the first place. FIX THIS PLEASE!
6.) Relatively small ledges of hills (even small cliffs) make the horse ineligible to jump down. In all previous version of AC you could FORCE the horse to jump down. You may kill your mount and have it respawn later but in this version it is 100% not going to move over a ledge even TINY LEDGES!!! The pathing of ledge edges with a horse is HORRIFICALLY BAD! Who designed this system? A gentle rolling slope with a tiny ledge prevents the horse from going over it and escape the enemy so you MUST face the enemy and ride right at them as they chase you and you die! [censored], why would you change their pathing to be so STUPIDLY different? This is just moronic!
This UI is going BACKWARDS in game evolution not forwards! The music and graphics are superior but this UI and its many flaws is so bad it is the reason people will get frustrated and QUIT PLAYING this visually stunning game. The UI developers need to be fired and new ones brought in. It needs a serious overhaul or at the very least MORE attention. NO ONE and I mean no one playing this game will deal with these many serious flaws to the UI over time. I have more to add to this list but this post is long enough.
I hope this UI can be repaired soon!