Best posts made by Sarek070770
Latest posts made by Sarek070770
This edition of AC is probably the most grindy version of them all i think. Let me start with some thumbs up
The look and feel of Norway and England is great the towns look good the landscape is awesome. Sometime i stand on a high point and see the country side and it look really great. Stealth is somewhat improved but not as good as in AC2 and 3. Fighting is more hack and slash then in the older AC's some might like it some might not.
The game play it self is ok, but it gets boring why because the game it self evolve so slow? here some examples
- Breaking walls with oil jars, nice option but when you have to look for god knows how long to find a oil jar to throw at it, it slows down the game to almost zero
- Keys to unlock doors/chest are fine but like in the case of Jorvik you have to find them way out of Jorvik that is just plain stupid.
- Odin sight does not show everything as eagle vision did, even if you mark things
- Raven is completely useless no other word for it
- The whole Odin story .... [censored] now you have to grind for 30 stones and then 33 stones, this has nothing to do with to story just BS to expand the time needed to get them all.
- The Sigurd story does not flow, you get a few interactions and after that het is off, and when is taken away (will not spoil more) it takes god know how long before you can pick up on that story line again.
- Marking stuff on the map is good until you get close to say 50 to 100 meters and then the mark is gone only in the map not in the game ???? Bug???
Ubisoft had to years to make this game and the story is flimsy the Odin quests does not fit in, maybe Ubi should focus more on games play and story then on other things (by that i mean the upper management being not so nice to employees of the different gender. to put it in political correct words). For me Origins and Oddyssy where great improvements and looked like a new start. This games brings it all back down again and can be in the same category as Brotherhood, wordt AC games ever. So sad after 2 great games now this i'm really disappointed in this game and in Ubi.
I know a lot will not agree with me, and that is ok, if you like the game good for you, i would have liked it to and enjoy it but this grindfest will stop now for me (the first AC i have not played until the end)