Welcome to discussion
Best posts made by Sathya2904
Latest posts made by Sathya2904
Hello, with reference to the above issue, I have made a video. Please see link below:
I earlier had the problem of not being able to complete the Grantebridgeshire arc, because of the mission 'Unholy Father'. I have posted in a related thread to that issue as well. The new follow-up problem is weird and annoying.
I couldn't finish the mission 'Unholy Father' because I can't talk to Lif, after escaping Walden. I untracked the quest and decided to move on to Sons of Ragnar story arc. Everything was working fine on the same day. I went to a viewpoint on my way to Ledecestrescire and left the game for the day after the autosave. Today, when I launch the game, any save games from the cloud after the Walden mission seem to take Eivor only to Walden, where he automatically falls through the ground and dies, prompting to reload from save.
The last stable save game seems to be when Eivor and the clan first arrive at England causing me to lose like 7 hours worth of exploration, wealth collected, monasteries raided and missions completed. I'd appreciate any help on this issue.
I played this mission yesterday, encountered this problem and googled to find that many of you guys have been having the same problem as me. First to clarify with everyone, what consoles are you guys playing on? I play on XBox One X and see here that many of you have been playing on an XBox as well. I saw many walkthrough videos on youtube where the mission worked fine and notice what they all have in common was that they were played on PS. For some, it seems to work on XBox too, so I am not sure it's a console specific issue (Sorry, just thinking out loud).
For the devs, maybe some details of how I played the mission might help?
I started this story arc even before meeting Sigurd in Repton. In the story arc, I picked the Lif mission as the third of the three available raiding/pillaging missions.
- I spoke with Lif first to begin mission.
- Since I wanted to go stealthy about it, I did not enter Walden directly through the gate, but around the fence and directly through the backside where the church was (or the closest entry point on the fence). Killed the priest and guards, got book of knowledge, exited church.
- I then decided to also collect the wealth before leaving Walden, wanted to be stealthy about it but ended up in open combat. I was almost done when I took multiple hits and died.
- When the last checkpoint/save reloaded I was outside the fence of Walden with the mission being to escape Walden. Right!
- I found a guard tower part of the fence on the side where I could climb up and saw that Lif approached me and joined me from inside, hooded. We ran outside and exited Walden area. But, like many users have mentioned, Lif just followed me around for a distance and then ignored me. Next stages of the mission was not triggered. I even tried going back in, killing the guards looting all the wealth basically completing the area. Result is still the same.
I am not in the habit of making gameplay videos, so unfortunately I can't provide video evidence. I'm happy to offer any other details that might help.