Best posts made by Senseinl
Latest posts made by Senseinl
- What platform do you play on?
Xbox Series X
- If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?
- What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
About 4 hours in game time. I once lost like 5 days which was about 15 hour in game time, but fortunately I got that back by quitting the game and logging out of xbox live.
- Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?
- Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?
Well, twice, but once it returned.
- What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
I completed the Jotunheim Arc and started the Fenris fight.
- Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?
- Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?
I make regular manual new saves.
Playing on Xbox Series X. I had two incidents so far:
- I couldn't create new save games for a few days. The options showed, but when I clicked it nothing happened. Overwriting old saves worked, so I did that.
- At some point I started the game and Quick Resume didn't happen. It loaded through the usual loading screens like the game had been closed. My latest save game was 5 days older than when I last saved. I tried a bunch of stuff. Then I actively closed the game and rebooted the Xbox. I got them back! I'm not sure what happened, but I guess I didn't have the Cloud games.
- I played for a week. I could create new manual saves, so I made sure to do that and not overwrite older save games.
- Today, again, no Quick Resume. Now I lost about a day of playing.
- I did the log off and reboot thing again, but this time it didn't help. I do see Cloud saves, just not the ones I made most recently. Auto saves neither.
So, I lost an evening of playing. I can deal with that, but is there at least a work-around to prevent this? I really don't want to keep losing progress.