Best posts made by topeira1980
I think that there are multiple things that could easily make the game harder in a good way:
- enable level scaling for those who want it. enemies in lower level areas are just a joke.
- change how stamina works: Stamina shouldn't fill up if you land light attacks and if you drain yourself of stamina than stamina shouldn't fill up so fast if you are just jogging around. its too easy to jog around and dodge enemies when you run out of stamina. the entire stamina system doesnt work as it should.
- make healing consumables heal far less health so you need more of those to fill up the health.
- make regular grunts attacks slightly faster so its a bit harder to react in time (maybe 15% or 20% faster).
- Make regular grunts attack slightly more often.
Those kind of changes do not make the enemies spongy but rather more challenging in a realistic way that make a player play better. not just upgrade his better.
I think the game is more fun, more tense, and more exciting when NOT knowing where the enemies are at all times.
But trying to disable this added supernatural information about enemies removes information that isnt cheating or info one SHOULD have about his surroundings.
- There should be a way to remove the red clouds and red markers on enemies on the minimap, but still allowing us to see the minimap. I want the map for navigation but not for knowing where the enemies are.
- Separate the "Detection indication" and the "Hit direction" from each other. Knowing where the enemies are looking at you from is unrealistic and a giveaway to a clever AI that manages to flank the player. the hit direction tells the player where he feels pain. it makes sense to know i get hit in the back to I can turn around and see who shot me. or if im hit in my right arm its probably an enemy from my right. why it turning the supernatural indicator also disables my natural indicator. These two must be separated.
- there is a HURT indicator that shows red on screen when you're hit. if an animal hits the player there is a red scratch on screen to tell you where you were scratch from. Just do this for being shot and that would be enough so inform the player on the direction of attack and then you can keep the "Detection indicator" and "Hit direction" combined.
One of these two solutions should be made (no.2 or no.3) to allow players make the game realistically challenging.
Another missed opportunity with reda.
The daily and infinitly generated contracts from AC:OD were pretty good. Simple, yes, but gave something fun and endless to do.
In ACV the Reda contracts are not just finite, limited and few, but are also pure garbage.
I don't need a deep story to have fun with the gameplay, but why are those quests broken (I had to assassinate a thief once and that thief was the training doll 10 meters from Reda. Yes, I had a contract to kill a scarecrow. an inanimate objects who has done nothing wrong in his life) they are stuck in a loop (almost every day I get a contract to kill the same wolves north-east from camp, or free a prisoner in a bandit camp in the same swamp camp).
So not just that these quests are utterly broken and bugged and stuck, even when those quests work, they suck and uneventful (Like kill a generic grunt traveling with another generic grunt).
Is it so hard for Ubi to do something more interesting with these? even on par with ACOD and not more?
Here are what I would expect, without going overboard with how complicated it is to improve them:
1) Quests are not repeated in the same location often.
2) there are two contracts for Opals, and more contracts for simple materials or silver, so there is more to do, for fun. Yes, some of us play for fun. Not just rewards like some chimps in a cage.
3) Contracts are challenging. Killing one grunt alone is not a challenge and no reason for it to be exciting if it's so mundane. Contracts should either killing a group of elites (like some of the weekly contracts), or infiltrating busy camps to kill guy\rob a chest\free a prisoner\kill everyone\raid a location\steal something from a particular enemy's corps\survive an ambush\etc.
I don't feel like these features are too complicated to implement and would elevate Reda's mechanics and have us do something in the game outside the main quests.
FC6 has only 2 difficulty settings?!?
UBI games are usually a piece of cake so now we're getting an easy mode and an easier mode?
I know im jumping the gun here but the game has "Story mode" and "Normal mode". normal always meant EASY in UBI games.
Why don't we have HARD and VERY HARD?!
Has anyone heard from a youtuber who played on the Normal mode and can say if it's easy or not?
With the whole full health regen mechanic we've seen on YT (which might and might not be the same with the Normal mode. I assume all YTers played on Story mode and not Normal mode) the game seems to be as easy as older FC games on Normal.
@fylkirpanzer Is it just me or is that weapon list miserable?
about 5 weapons of each type on average?
even shooters have more than that. ACOD had way way more than that.
I was kinda interested in this myself.
I dont bother myself with stats in this game because even as i completely ignore stats on weapons and just roll with the lowest level gear I have (upgraded the visuals, but not the stats) i find the game in a good difficulty place so I don't see a reason to make it easier. I even turned off damage numbers and enemy glows etc.
So, since i don't care much about stats i havent tested things much myself so I dont know.
It looks like 50 is the basic starting point since I dont see any stat lower than 50.
But what does that mean?
50 armor is what? how much does every armor point help? what is the calculation? if my weapon says 60, is that how much damage I do to enemies my own level? what about enemies of higher level?
How does the type of gear (Raven, bear, Wolf) change my stats?
I just don't understand the stats in this game at all. it's like nothing i've ever seen.
The closes i can think of is Ghost recon Breakpoint.
@mortilla_ I'd love a manual flashlight as well. something from the inventory wheel to turn it on or off, i think.
turning the FL on will make you more visible, but allow you to see better at night. should be a fun balance.
and an ability to change Time of Day manually, at least in camps or workbenches or something....
Latest posts made by topeira1980
@mikeweeks Yup. Indeed the mod works still. Great news!
I also just can't imagine playing without this mod. It surprising that it still works. I thought any new EXE file will require a re-do of the mod.
I wonder if UBI deliberately maintained the structure of the memory allocation as to not harm the mod...
I doubt it, but it's great news regardless.
I love how we can now tweak the parry or dodge windows, but sadly the options we got are not more challenging than what existed before the update.
Why not allow us to tweak the parry window to 300ml?? same for the slo-mo feature?
Something that would allow us to increase the challeneg beyond the cakewalk of a game that it already is in a way that isnt increasing the enemy health\damge?
Is it possible to add an option to reduce or REMOVE the healing you get from killing enemies or using consumables?
or lower the amount of stamina you gain when landing lite attacks?
These two features can transform the game dramatically with barely any effort on the team. new UI buttons and a simple modifier.
The fact that the basic enemies are SOOOOOO easy and that special enemies don't attack more than one-at-a-time make it so the basic enemies are essentially making a fight EASIER and not harder. The more basic enemies the easier the fight is, because each one of them is essentially an armed medkit that does more good for the player than bad. if there was a way to heal LESS when finishing an enemy it would be a more challenging experience for GOOD reasons, as apposed to bad reasons like buffing enemies health.
@vahndaar I dont have detection sound in game. if i disable the UI element than the sound goes away.
maybe it's because i lowered the "menu sound" in the sound options... it's one of these reasons.
Lowering the menu sound also gets rid of the hit sound when you land a hit.
@vahndaar That's a great shame. I always thought that it would only take 1 settings to improve the game by a LOT (lower the amount of health you gain from killing enemies, thus making combat harder the more enemies you face and not easier, and not make bosses harder).
Well, fair opinion.
And thanks a lot for the input. was an interesting read
@virtual-chris The thing about in-vehicle detection is that its unified across all vehicles. But some of them make total sense that you'd be spotted pretty fast and some don't.
So if you're alone inside a sentinel car it makes sense that only in very close range you can be detected, but if you're alone on a bike it doesn't. (Not to mention sentinel don't know HOW to ride a bike. They just drag them by hand to the middle of the woods). Also, if you play with teammates and one of them is sticking out on the turret, it also makes sense to spot you quickly. And what about civilian vehicles?
So in short - the game has one settings for all conditions so setting the detection to lower than 0.2, for ME at least, makes less sense in most cases.
@vahndaar Hi, vahn, how come you never dabbled with AC:Valhalla?
This CE approach to ACV could really turn it around by lowering a few tiny values (Like how fast and how much health you gain from killing or consuming stuff).
You never cared for that game?
I'd love a more pronounced sway.
When you're injured the sway is magnified so the feature is probably there but vahndaar to use, so maybe if it's something he cares about as well, he'll do it.
Still - great mod!
@vahndaar This is strange.
The mod WAS working. the problem seems to be that the red X next to the mod wasn't showing and if i expose the children in CE their values looks like ??. it all looks like the mod isn't working, when in fact the changes in-game DO work.
And they're AWESOME!
I LOVE(!) the increased engagement distance. I'm being fire at from 200 meters where I can barely see the enemies until they fire at me
Generally it's a good thing, only exposes that the player's weapons are very easy to hit with in those distances, whereas the enemies aren't nearly as good as the player, so they are mostly exposing their positions. But it's still much more fun this way than vanilla.
Also, firefights in the woods are a bit unfair because enemies can see through vegetation. But it's nothing you can improve. It's something even UBI can't improve, it seems. Still - those longer fighrefights are awesome! So again - THANK YOU!!
Question - Is there a way you can expose the values of movement speed outdoors (So we can tweak them) and maybe even gun recoil\sway? I would love to increase recoil and gun sway. When i play with higher damage output and enemies drop in 3 hits, i see it's just too easy for me to hit while spraying. If there is a way to increase damage, and there are those new skills that reduce recoil and injuries that increase sway, maybe there's a way to expose those factors as well. I find ARs as easy to hit with as SMGs while they should be a bit closer to LMGs. a bit.
@vahndaar The MOD doesnt work. Not version 0.31 and not 0.3 :(((
The game updated itself, i even tried to uninstalled BE again, I used your default files....
I just can't toggle on the mod.
Since I'm the only one complaining I assume there's a chance this issue is on MY end.
Could it be?!