Player Support Agent
Best posts made by Ubi-Woofer
We at Ubisoft Support have started to create megathreads for regularly-reported issues, common queries, and subjects of interest or concern. If a thread already exists for your issue and is listed below, please post there rather than starting a thread of your own!
Not all of these issues are yet recognised / under investigation by the developers (please see the official Known Issues List for those), but will be submitted to them for investigation once we have collected enough information. If you're experiencing an issue listed below, please help us to gather the information we need by posting in the threads listed.
Please do be aware that this list is not exhaustive, and that not every issue we are currently investigating is listed here. Do not be concerned if your issue is not listed - we're committed to investigating all reports submitted and will do our best to assist you further. Thank you!
ISSUES / QUERIES UNDER INVESTIGATION BY UBISOFT SUPPORT
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A QUEST
- Unable to progress with A Prodigal Prince
- Unable to progress with Clues and Riddles
- Unable to progress with The Seas of Fate as the ship does not move
- Unable to progress with The Seas of Fate as the game is not fully installed [PS4]
- Unable to progress with Unholy Father as the objective to "Escape Walden" does not complete
- Unable to progress with Brewing Rebellion
- Unable to progress with The Big Finish
- Unable to progress with The Mysterious Berserker
- Unable to progress with A Mild Hunt
- Unable to progress with A Brother's Keeper
- NPCs with coins do not spawn in "Firing the Arrow"
- Unable to progress with In The Absence of an Ealdorman
- Thistles collected remains at 0/5 in In Dreams
- Unable to enter Lunden when beginning Walls and Shadows
- Unable to complete the investigation of the temple in Walls and Shadows
- Unable to report to Stowe and Erke after investigating the temple in Walls and Shadows
- Unable to progress in Road to Hamartia as Halfdan does not enter the room after the door is forced
- After bringing the jars to the builder, Defensive Measures does not progress
- The shield in Defensive Measures doesn't harm enemies or the Builder has disappeared
- Unable to progress in A Brewing Storm after waking up
- Unable to progress with A Sword-Shower in Anecastre as Aelfgar will not move [REOPENED]
- Unable to progress with A Sword-Shower in Anecastre as Hunwald will not move
- Unable to progress with "Of Blood and Bonds" because Halfdan is dead
- Unable to proceed in "Lost Glory" as unable to interact with Halfdan
- Unable to proceed with "Kingdom's End" after pledging to Hamtunscire
- Unable to progress with "Under the Skin" as Sunniva is dead
- Unable to proceed in "Reaver of the South"
- Unable to proceed in "Binding Fate"
- Unable to progress in "Pricking the Needle" (Killing The Needle / Interacting with Ljufvina)
- Unable to report to Randvi following "Wedding Horns"
- Unable to proceed in "Wedding Horns" as NPCs spawn in dead
- Unable to interact with Rollo in "Old Wounds"
- Unable to interact with Ljufvina in "Closing the Vault"
- Unable to proceed in Fiery Ambush
- Unable to move shelf in Evinghou Tower in "Blood from a Stone"
- Unable to interact with NPCs/Steal Letter in "Abbot's Gambit"
- Unable to interact with Trygve in "Rowdy Raiders"
- Unable to assassinate the target in Hunter of Beasts
- Unable to talk to Valka after building her hut in ''In Dreams''
- Game crashes when drinking the potion in "Going Deeper"
- Unable to proceed in "Binding Fate" after speaking to Tyr [REOPENED]
- Unable to progress in "First Night of Samhain"
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A WORLD EVENT
- Unable to collect the Treasure of Britain from the Old Cellar as the tablet is not raised
- Unable to speak with Erik Loyalskull after defeating him
- Unable to complete Raider Recruit as Rolf cannot be spoken to
- Unable to complete "Deviled Water" due to NPC and boat being missing
- "Deviled Water" does not register as completed after the NPC enters the water
- Unable to complete "Pig of Prophecy" as Eivor does not get drunk/the pig won't talk
- Unable to progress in "Milk of Humankind"
- Unable to complete "Lost Drengr" mystery with Thor the Fishmonger
- Unable to complete "Miracle" mystery (Unable to interact with lame man / Blind man doesn't follow Eivor)
- Unable to proceed in "The Path of Wind Blue"
- Winchell the Robesfree / Nudist Camp World Event Bug
- Unable to complete World Events in Rygjafylke
- Unable to complete "Lost Drengr" mystery with Nokkfylla Shine-Eye
- Unable to complete "Falling Stars"
- Unable to complete "Lady of the Lake" mystery
- Unable to complete "Crushed Dreams" mystery as the Fisherman's ring is not collected
- Unable to complete "The Horn of Ragnar"
- Unable to complete "Devout Troll" as the key cannot be collected
- Unable to proceed with "Saint Faith" mystery
- Unable to proceed with "Edmund's Arrows" as NPC doesn't appear
- Unable to complete flyt against Manning in Stavanger
- MISSING QUESTS
- GAMEPLAY BUGS, GLITCHES & QUERIES
- Disguised Eivor moves at the slowest speed regardless of settings when using the "walk" input [PC]
- Unable to interact with settlement NPCs [REOPENED]
- Player's decision at the end of The Stench of Treachery may be ignored by Soma
- "Man's Best Friend" ability not unlocked after completing A Little Problem
- Unable to start "The Poor Fellow-Soldier" / reveal The Father on the Order tree
- Fabric no longer lootable after fully upgrading the quiver and rations pouch [REOPENED]
- Unable to confirm the kill of the wolf in Extended Family
- Unable to find Large Flatfish/Mackerel and Small Halibut/Sturgeon while fishing
- Unable to access small chest near Anlaf's Lookout
- The Berserker Gear has reset and lost all of the acquired runes and upgrades
- The HUD disappears following "The Road to Hamartia."
- NPCs are spawning in dead (Settlement / Raiding Crew)
- Daily / weekly items not available to purchase from Reda
- Pets are missing from the Settlement
- Ledecestrescire treasure hoard map stuck in inventory or the loot cannot be collected
- No cloth physics for Eivor's armor in-game
- Max River Raid Supplies showing as 1/1
- After claiming the Godly Reward, I am missing the Modraniht/Yule armor/encountering error code [0x70000d03]
- Experiencing crashes during the Ostara Festival
- Jomsviking loadout with reset to default when reloading game
- Duplicate items appearing in inventory
- Unable to interact with Gungnir
- Oxenefordscire Flying Paper (Buckingham)
- Ship shields are displaying the incorrect design
- TECHNICAL ISSUES & QUERIES
- Fire / Smoke / Dust effects causing multicoloured graphical artefacts [PC]
- "Data Corrupt!" Error on Save Games
- My progress has been reset / lost; recent save games not available
- Achievements not unlocking/tracking correctly [Xbox]
- "Non-DX12 Video Card" Error
- Audio Issues (inc. Bitrate, Muffled Sounds, Stuttering etc.)
- Screen Tearing (Xbox One X|S / Xbox Series X|S / PS5)
- Xbox One / Series X|S controllers disconnecting on PC
- Xbox One / Series X|S controllers disconnecting on Xbox One
- Switching between mouse/keyboard and a controller causes stuttering and audio to cut out momentarily [PC]
- Performance and optimisation issues on PC [PC]
- After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation [PC]
- "Your game had a glitch" error prevents saves from loading correctly [Stadia]
- After launching the game, it freezes on the splash screen [PC] [REOPENED]
- Disappearing foliage/grass/tents/ropes
- STORE PURCHASES & BILLING
RESOLVED ISSUES / QUERIES
Please find the past megathreads for resolved issues within the spoiler tags below; if an issue persists after being placed in this section, please reply to the thread, and we will look to move it back to the "under investigation" section once the investigation is reopened.
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A QUEST
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A WORLD EVENT
- MISSING QUESTS
- GAMEPLAY BUGS, GLITCHES & QUERIES
- TECHNICAL ISSUES & QUERIES
We'll add more links here as threads are put together. Again, please bear in mind that while the issues above have been reported to us, not all have been fully investigated / are known, so fixes are not guaranteed unless stated otherwise in the threads themselves. When more information on each issue is available, we will update each individual thread. Thank you!
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A QUEST
Hello again everyone,
Given the recent replies to the thread, and also some of the inappropriate content / discussions going on in here, I thought it best to pop in and comment.
Firstly, on the subject of inappropriate content - this will not be tolerated and will, in all cases, be removed. Where necessary sanctions will be imposed, and the severity these will depend on the extent of the breach(es) of our forum rules. We openly invite you to share your concerns, criticisms, and feedback with us on the subject of the missing PC achievements - but please do not abuse us, other players, or otherwise act inappropriately here on the forums while you do.
Though I have not recently replied, it is not because I wish to ignore your posts or the concerns they raise - it is because I do not have any additional information to share on this subject at the moment, and until I do, there is nothing for me to say. I have read the recent replies and chased up more information from the teams involved, knowing how important this subject is to many of you, however as this is an issue being worked on not only by the Valhalla team but also the Ubisoft Connect team, it takes time. As soon as there is news, I will deliver an update here in the thread. Until then, I can only ask for your patience and understanding. I appreciate that this has been a concern since launch and the team are aware of this, so please rest assured that your voices are heard on the subject.
In reply to Lockmort's questions above as a final note:
- As I confirmed previously, achievements are coming to Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC.
- I do not have an ETA yet of when the achievements will be implemented.
- As mentioned above, I've chased answers about when the achievements will be introduced, if they'll be retroactive, and if there'll be API integration, but I have not received any information about any of this yet.
- Refunds are considered on an individual basis according to our refund policy. You're welcome to submit a request however I cannot guarantee that one would be granted.
I truly am sorry that I do not have the answers you seek just yet, but as soon as I have news, I'll share it.
As a quick FYI, I have merged several threads concerning issues with "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" together so that we can continue to investigate these here and keep all of the relevant information together. I do apologise if any ongoing conversations have been interrupted or become disjointed as a result of this!
Having read through the thread as it now stands, there seems to be a few different issues - I have listed these below, and would like to confirm that I've covered all of the concerns expressed here, so if I've missed anything please let me know:
- You have no quest marker / objective / interactable, either after completing an objective or after a crash
- You are unable to hand in the brooch, either after collecting it OR due to the fact that you looted it before starting the quest
- You are unable to complete the investigation into the three clues, e.g. unable to read the third clue (the note)
- There are no corpses to examine in the sewers
- The cutscene does not start in the underground chamber
I've passed on the images and scenarios provided here in the thread to the developers, as well as confirmed to them that these issues do not seem limited to just those who collected the brooch prior to the quest, or else experienced a crash. It would be extremely helpful if we could continue to gather the answers to my colleagues' previous questions, videos of the issues as well as copies of affected save files from you all as previously requested by my colleagues, as the number of unique situations that seem to be occurring here may be making the roots of the issues hard to pin down. You can upload your save files as a .zip file to a support case, and then quote the reference number here in the thread so one of us can grab those and forward them on. The developers are already investigating two of the above listed issues (unable to hand the brooch in if collected before starting the quest; no quest objective or interactable) and I have listed the other three to them, so hopefully I'll have some news to share on those two soon.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding regarding these issues; I fully appreciate they are halting your progress and mean that you cannot complete the quest at hand. As soon as I have news to share I'll be sure to do so. I've added this issue into the list of megathreads now as well for greater visibility. Thank you.
I am very happy to announce that, as some of you have already seen in the patch notes published last night for TU 1.1.1, details regarding the deployment of the Ubisoft Connect achievements for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are now available!
The achievements for Valhalla on Ubisoft Connect will be added as part of today's patch, and will unlock retroactively when the following conditions are met for each type of objective:
• Unlock conditions for Quest-related or not-repeatable achievements:
Achievements where unlock conditions have been met will pop when the player completes a new quest.
• Unlock conditions for Countable/repeatable achievements:
Achievements will pop whenever the player performs an achievement-related action past the unlock condition.
Regarding the missing Connect overlay section for achievements and the pop-ups in-game when an achievement is earned, I haven’t received additional information on this subject from the Ubisoft Connect team at this time. Please rest assured it is still a subject under investigation, and should I hear anything, I’ll communicate it as well here. Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding these particular queries! I’ll also keep chasing the query regarding a public API for the achievements as well, to see if we have any information on this.
I’d like to extend my sincere thanks to you all for sticking with this thread and keeping the discussion going while we waited for this news. I realise it has been a long while, and I hope that you will now enjoy Valhalla even more with the achievements in place. If you have any further questions following today's deployment, please don’t hesitate to reply here in the thread and I’ll get back to you all as quickly as I can.
@halcyonrift Just to clarify, the misunderstanding on our part was that achievements had been discontinued - they haven't! The original information was correct, and they are indeed being worked on. Achievements are coming!
If you'd like me to take a look at an open support case you have, please quote the number here so I can take a look into it for you.
I'm excited to announce an update on this issue. Earlier today, we deployed a hotfix that should allow you to now progress with A Seer's Solace. Please find the full information on this in this thread, and quoted below for your convenience:
This is to let you know that we deployed a server-side update earlier today that should allow players to proceed with the Seer's Solace quest. Thanks for your patience while we worked on this fix.
Note: Please fully close the game application for the fix to become active. We also highly recommend to attempt the completion of the quest immediately upon loading your savegame.
Since we're already talking fixes: We genuinely appreciate all of you for your vigilance in reporting issues to us and want you to know that we're currently working on our next title update. You can expect fixes for some of the reported known issues (& more) later this month. Stay tuned.
If you are still unable to complete the quest after restarting the game, and ensuring it is fully-updated, please let us know here.
First of all, I'd like to apologise that we have not posted a reply in this thread until now. We at Ubisoft Support have been listening to your feedback regarding the overall sound quality of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and have passed forward several links, videos and analyses of the game's audio provided in this thread, other threads and support cases to the developers already. This is a topic that has gained a fair amount of traction, and I'd like to reassure you first and foremost that it is not being ignored. It is sad to hear that so many of you find the experience of the game unpleasant due to this, and we'll do everything we can to look into this with you and see these issues investigated formally.
After reading through the whole thread, there are several further comments and video links not yet recorded that I'll be passing to the developers. At this time, I would also like to ask for some further, specific information as requested by the developers themselves in order for them to better-investigate these reports we've been receiving, and isolate the issues and their causes. What they have asked for is a brief breakdown of the issues you're experiencing, your set-up, and any evidence of the issues you can provide, in the following format:
- Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?
- What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)
- What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?
- What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?
- A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.
I saw a few pages back that nonAx85 provided a detailed write-up of their experiences including the above information; even though through troubleshooting they determined it may be a local issue, it is still worth investigation to make 100% sure, so I'll be passing that forward immediately (thank you!). If others in this thread could provide the details above in brief, in that exact format, we can hopefully start to nail down these issues and see what we can do about them.
I appreciate that this update may not be what you were all hoping for, as we're still very much in the investigative stages - but please rest assured that the developers are listening, and have been reading what you all have to say. Thank you all for your time and efforts so far, and thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer the questions above and help us with the investigation.
I created this megathread for not being able to interact with Tove / the "Carrying the Torch" quest vanishing from the completed quests log separate from the "unable to interact with settlement NPCs" megathread as, much like with Reda, this issue is specific to one NPC and it would be best to discuss it separately. I hope that nobody minds me having moved / merged your posts here to that end.
I'm pleased to say that I have some good news for you all already - the developers were notified of this issue quickly following the deployment of TU 1.1.1 and a fix has already been found, and will be released in a future update. I don't have details of when this will be just yet, however I will update this thread as soon as I know more about it. I saw a few of you make the request for this issue to be to hotfixed - I am happy to pass forward this feedback however I cannot promise one would be possible for this issue.
Please feel free to discuss the issue further here, and let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
@Aeric92 Thank you for providing your case reference number! I'll make sure that the link to this thread is associated with your case so that my colleagues can refer to your post here as well.
Hello everyone. Just quickly - please keep the discussion on-topic. If you'd like to discuss another issue, or have an off-topic conversation, please create threads in the appropriate section(s). Please do also remember to adhere to the forum rules and speak to each other politely, and with respect. Even if disagreeing, please be civil. I won't hesitate to moderate and/or implement sanctions as appropriate, if it becomes necessary. Thank you.
@hilchef9 - Do you also require the two big Flatfish, as well as the two big Mackerel?
@First_Prophet - The developers are working to fix the current issue whereby the big Flatfish and Mackerel are not spawning as they should, as opposed to transforming the challenge into another, or changing the requirements. When we have news on their progress, we'll share it here in the thread. I sincerely apologise that no additional information is available for the moment. As for the "Hall of the Slain" challenge, this one is possible currently in-game; I myself have completed three avenge quests so far! You can watch a video I made of completing one avenge quest below, using the methods described in this thread made by @TheeElf in the General Discussions section. All credit goes to them for the method - give it a go! I've also seen players in that thread advising the quests seem more frequent lately.
@grahamfischer - I understand that you are frustrated by this issue, but please refrain from the use of excessive profanities. Please consider this a warning to adhere to the forum rules. Please also see my answer to @First_Prophet above; the developers are focusing on resolving the issue, and we'll communicate additional information when it becomes available to us. There is nothing further that I can say on the matter at this time.
@ZomBotz - The developers are still working on a fix for this issue and we will share additional details when they become available to us. Please rest assured that this issue is not going forgotten or ignored. Thank you.
@guest-9dkaJoe4 - You have mentioned in your long post that you feel our communication regarding bug fixes is "awful" - please let me know if you have any feedback that you would like me to pass forward. It will not be possible for me to share unconfirmed details of fixes, or give ETAs when there are none, but I'd be happy to see if there's anything further we can do. I'd like to reassure you as well that the developers are very much focused on resolving serious issues with the game. We're communicating additional information as soon as we can.
Similar to the megathread list for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, this thread aims to bring together common issue / feedback topics raised here in the Forum Feedback section and list them for your visibility.
If a thread for your issue or feedback topic already exists, please reply to that existing thread and add your experience there. This helps us to keep all relevant information together and pass it to the forum developers effectively. The below list is not exhaustive, and will be updated as frequently as possible with new topics and ideas. All items listed below as raised also do not have a confirmed resolution / implementation unless stated in their relevant thread, or under the formal section below.
Thank you for participating in our Open Beta for these new forums, and please let us know if there is anything that you can think of to help improve the experience we're offering here!
RAISED TO THE FORUM DEVELOPERS
- Login pop-up may pop-up partially off-screen
- "Remember Me" function when logging in does not always retain login details for future visits
- If having 2FA enabled, using another Ubisoft website where it is not leveraged while logged into Discussions will trigger a logout on Discussions
- Frequent Session Mismatch errors / logouts
- When using pagination, the thread title is missing from all subsequent pages except the first
- Signatures are not always displayed under posts made by players with one set on their profiles
- If not logged into your Ubisoft Account while browsing, spoiler tags may not be expandable
- When quoting another player's post that uses bullets/lists, these may not be quoted correctly and break the quote up
- After deleting a post/thread, a visible blank space may be left where the post/thread used to be
- The pop-up functions accessed by hovering over a player's profile picture cannot be used as the pop-up quickly disappears
- Pasting mobile links (m.) for YouTube videos will not allow them to embed
- Posts may be flagged as spam by Akismet without reason
- After logging in while browsing, I am redirected to another page
- Discussions responds to ESC key inputs when the post creator is open, even if it is not the primary window in use
- When using infinite scroll, loading new posts / threads occurs too late when the bottom of the page has been reached
- Statistics on profiles take into account deleted content; it would be preferred that they don't
- It is unclear that the number next to speech bubble icon refers to the total number of posts in a thread, rather than the number of replies
- Add a "tool tip" highlight for each post formatting option to explain what each does
- Allow threads to be filtered by whether they have an "Official Response" from Ubisoft Staff
- Update the default icon on profiles for following a player to be "Follow" rather than "Unfollow" as this implies you are already following the person even if not
- Add an option to jump to the latest Ubisoft response in a thread in the UI/UX within a thread itself in addition to the thread list
- Improve post/thread deletion
- Introduce a "timeline" bar / navbar when navigating with infinite scroll
- Make it clearer when viewing the thread listings which threads are read / unread
- Allow threads to be filtered by whether they are read / unread
- Allow multiple threads to be selected and marked as read / unread
- Allow users to choose their own profile banner images from a Ubisoft gallery / custom upload
- Implement features of Ubisoft Connect (e.g. friends list, statistics, games played) with Discussions on profiles, and Discussions notifications in Ubisoft Connect
- Criticism of the infinite scroll method of browsing
- Show thread title/posting dates in profile activity feeds, not just the section posted in
- Change the bottom menu to always appear, instead of appearing when scrolling [Mobile]
- Side menus open too easily when swiping [Mobile]
RESOLVED / IMPLEMENTED BY THE FORUM DEVELOPERS
- When tagging another user, the tag appears on its own line
- When using emojis, the emoji appears on its own line
- Forum settings for pagination / notifications / topic watching etc. are resetting / reverting randomly
- Hyperlinks appear as black text and without underline, so cannot be differentiated from standard text
- Images cannot be uploaded correctly and did not appear in posts
- The webpage automatically moves to the top and bottom when scrolled once
- Title alignment and moderation labels (i.e. Moved / Merged) not appearing [Mobile]
- Site footer still refers to "Ubisoft Club" rather than "Ubisoft Connect"
- Thread titles do not wrap if exceeding a certain length; full thread titles therefore not visible when navigating
- The user provided Poll title is not displayed after creating the poll in the post
- Browsing / navigation not working correctly [Firefox]
- Thread cards take up excessive space (List View was introduced as an alternative to the standard view)
- Add the name of last person to reply to a thread and when to card / list view
- Extend the time allowed for post editing (limit was extended to 10 minutes rather than 5)
- Dark mode introduced
Latest posts made by Ubi-Woofer
Thanks for your reply @vm4m9tz4pb. Just to clarify again - if more than ten minutes have passed since you published your post on the forums, you won't be able to edit it then, or at any time after that. This limit means you can only edit your post within ten minutes of posting it, and once those ten minutes are up, that post can no longer be edited by yourself.
This is not an issue, this is the current timer on editing permissions in place for users such as yourself. If you feel that ten minutes is not enough, and that you would like to be able to edit your posts for a longer period, then please let me know how long you feel would be appropriate. Again, an indefinite (i.e. infinite) timer is unlikely, but certainly we can discuss extending the length of the editing timer. Thanks!
Thanks for sharing a workaround that worked for you, @ZzzVsBravo. I hope that it might help any players still affected by the issue with Njal being stuck in the water to get him moving again!
If anyone is still experiencing issues with this quest, please answer the questions myself and my colleagues have posted previously, and we'll be happy to try and assist you further. Thanks!
Thank you for all of your latest updates to this thread. I'll provide an overview of the issues we are investigating / have resolved below; please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have about anything written in my post, or otherwise.
- The door to the longhouse in Buckingham cannot be forced open
- Status: Resolved as of TU 1.1.1.
- Comments: This issue should be resolved as of TU 1.1.1. If you are still unable to force open the door to the Buckingham longhouse, please can you send us a video that shows this in-game within this thread? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.
- Objective marker appears off-map during the "escort the thegns to safety" objective
- Status: Under Investigation
- Comments: If you find that your objective marker when completing this objective appears outside of the map, please let us know if anything unusual happened when completing the previous objective, if you completed any world events / other activities before heading to complete this objective, or if you interacted with any NPCs. It would also be helpful if you could open a support ticket and submit your save for investigation.
- "Secure the Longhouse" is not marked as completed
- Status: Under Investigation
- Comments: The developers would like to collect videos of this issue occurring. We are also collecting affected save files for the developers to use as part of the investigation. If you play on PC/PS4, please open a support ticket and submit your save for investigation. The developers advise to try reloading a previous manual save in order to progress past this issue in the meantime.
- Quest NPCs, such as Basim and Sigurd, cannot be interacted with
- Status: Resolved as of TU 188.8.131.52
- Comments: This issue should be resolved as of TU 184.108.40.206. If you are still struggling to speak to quest NPCs currently, please provide a video demonstrating this so that we can forward this to the developers and reopen the investigation into this issue. Thank you.
- The Thegns are not registered as rescued after they are freed
- Status: Under Investigation
- Comments: We are collecting images of the issue, videos of the issue as well as affected save files for the developers to use as part of their ongoing investigation. If you play on PC/PS4, please open a support ticket and submit your save file for investigation. It would also be helpful to know whether you have been trying to complete "Brewing Rebellion" all in one go, or if you strayed from an objective and returned to it later.
@amplevoyage6478 & @Reebokily - Are you able to provide a short video demonstrating that you cannot progress due to having previously freed the thegn before starting the quest? Which platform do you play on as well please?
@mortimus27 - Your Twitter account appears to be private so we're unable to view the video you tried to link us to before. Do you have the ability to provide this video elsewhere, such as via Google Drive or YouTube?
@Bklyn_Pepper, @Lak_1658, @ElliottSpl1ff - Please refer to my instructions above for the new issue reported whereby the quest marker is outside the map at the point of escorting the thegns to safety. Thank you!
@the_wolf_77 - Can you please confirm the issue you are having? Is it that you have opened the door to the longhouse, but that the cutscene within has not triggered? Which NPC did you use to help force open the door? In terms of a "reset quest" functionality, this is not available in Valhalla however I am happy to forward your feedback that you think it could be valuable. Finally, reloading a previous save would be a good troubleshooting step to perform. A title update does not overwrite/change your save files themselves, only you can overwrite those with new saves, so please let me know what you mean by this in your post and I'll do my best to help and clarify for you. Thanks!
- The door to the longhouse in Buckingham cannot be forced open
Can you please clarify exactly what the issue you are experiencing is in that case, @vm4m9tz4pb? This message should only appear if you are attempting to edit a post that is no longer eligible to be edited.
Please run through our browser troubleshooting, and if issues persist after that, submit images here on the forum exhibiting the issue. I'll then pass these details onto the forum development team for them to review and investigate. Thanks!
Hello @vm4m9tz4pb - I have merged your thread into this one concerning increasing the post editing limit, as I feel this is really what your topic concerns.
It is not a bug or error that the message you are seeing appears; at present, we have a limit on post editing which means that you can only do so within ten minutes of making your post. You can however delete your posts for much longer than that.
If you feel that ten minutes is not long enough, please feel free to suggest an alternative timer length you would prefer and I can pass forward this feedback. Please be aware however that an indefinite limit is unlikely to be implemented. Thanks!
Hey @azullFR! Thanks for getting back to me again. Glad I understood the issue.
As a polite request just before getting back into the issue - I would like to ask that you refrain from making jokes about medical conditions / mentioning medical conditions (i.e. Alzheimer's) that may have the potential to make other forum users uncomfortable. We do not know what life experiences other forum users have had, and these forums should be a positive, engaging space for everyone. So, being sensitive about any subjects like this is important. Thank you for understanding on this.
Back to the issue; if you do manage to find the post you created, that would be great for me to be able to forward to the developers. As it does not appear that this behaviour has been repeated since for you, however, it may have just been an unusual visual issue with how the forum was presenting itself in the middle of the force-logout. Keep an eye on this, and do let us know if it happens again. I'm glad to hear that more recently, you encountered the "normal" logout behaviour; this is what should normally happen if you are logged out of Discussions, so compare any anomalies in behaviour to this.
Finally, in terms of the tabs you normally use - if you do have our old forums open at the same time as our new Discussions ones here, or the support site and these Discussions forums, due to the different levels of authentication leveraged on Discussions to the other two sites, it is likely that you will be logged out at times when you have signed into both. Using a different browser for each forum / to host the support site windows would be advisable if you want to test whether this is a possible cause of the issues you're having with being logged out quickly.
Let me know if you need any additional assistance or advice in the future! For now, I think I'll consider this issue resolved, unless we can get it reproduced.
Hey @FathPlus0ne, please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for providing additional information, and for the images. I'll do my best to address everything you've said below; if you have any additional questions or concerns afterward, please let me know.
You mention that you did return to the barracks to customise your Jomsviking after creating them. When doing so, did you update anything except the gear and armour he was wearing? Can you remember the precise changes you made?
Do you recall saving your game and reloading a save at any point during those two hours when the changes with your Jomsviking occurred? We have seen reports that reloading a save can reset a Jomsviking's gear, however in your case, it appears that you now have an entirely new Jomsviking, as the name is different. This is a different situation to what we already have reported, so I'd like to understand whether there are any similarities in how the changes may be triggered.
If you do recall saving, as mentioned above, would you be able to record a short clip showing you having made the Jomsviking exactly as you'd like them, saving your game at the barracks, reloading that save, and then checking if your Jomsviking still maintains the desired appearance or anything has reset / changed?
@FGx1988 - Can you please refer to all of my questions above, and answer them to the best of your ability? Please also confirm for me the platform you are playing on, and whether the name of your Jomsviking has remained the same even with the changes to their appearance. Thank you!
I'll try to answer a few questions / comments since my last post at the same time as updating you all on this issue. Currently, we've not received any updates from the Community Development or Development teams, but I've chased this up with them and hope to have an update to share soon. If I hear any news from them as to whether a toggle or change to the mechanic will be considered, I will let you all know!
@ThannorUBI - It's great to hear you've enjoyed Assassin's Creed Valhalla so much! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share your feedback on this subject.
@Larianltp - I am sorry to hear that this issue hurts your experience so much, and would like to reassure you that it is a subject currently under review by the aforementioned teams. If I receive any updates, I'll let you all know. Similarly, we've got a discussion open regarding one-handed swords, so we'll announce any news on that subject as well if any becomes available. As a quick request - please don't use asterisks to mask expletives or similar, in addition to using excessive expletives. This is still sanctionable under our forum rules, so I'd ask that you do not do this again. You're welcome to vent your frustrations but please do so appropriately. Thank you very much!
@FGx1988 - Do you have a video demonstrating this behaviour with cats? I have not noticed it myself when petting them, so any evidence you can provide of this would be great. In your images, it is difficult to judge the size of the cat due to the different positioning. Thanks!
The investigation into this issue continues at the moment, and as soon as the developers have any additional information for us that we can share, we will do so. Please rest assured that reports of this issue are being forwarded, and we're updating this megathread with new information as soon as we have any to provide.
As I have mentioned to others, you are free to continue with the game in the meantime, as this issue is not progression-blocking. Thank you for your understanding.
I've merged some further duplicate threads for this issue with "A Brewing Storm" into this megathread. Please continue to discuss the issue here, and let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Regarding the issue at hand, as my colleagues have stressed previously, a fix is confirmed for an upcoming update, and as soon as we have more details to share, we will do so. Please refrain from breaching the forum rules in this thread, and from becoming aggressive towards myself or my colleagues. This behaviour will not be tolerated, and sanctions will be applied as and when necessary. Finally, regarding compensation, as my colleague @Ubi-Borealis stated already, we will communicate on this should the development team choose to implement any. This is not our decision to make and we have no influence over this. Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
@DocHolliday182 - As I have stressed in my private message to you, please refrain from the use of excessive expletives in your posts, and for directing comments towards my colleagues that could be deemed abusive. I have removed two of your posts in this vein. While expletives are caught by our language filter, repeat incidents of this will not be tolerated. I would also like to reiterate that this issue is a priority for the development team, and as soon as we can communicate more details about the timing of the fix, we will do so. Thank you for your understanding.
@SmokeNOakum657 - Using another player's save game is not advisable, and we would not condone the use of third-party programs to modify your own game in order to do so. Regarding the development team, they do not communicate directly on the forums; we as Support Staff communicate any news from them. We have been as transparent with this issue as we are able; the current status of the issue, as communicated, is that the fix is pending. We cannot yet confirm when, as these details have not been announced. Please look out for updates on this issue here in this thread and in the patch notes when they are posted in the News & Announcements section. Thank you.
@VegasHeart - Please refrain from using excessive expletives. As above, our language filter may catch these, but repeat incidents may result in a sanction if deemed necessary. As for the contents of your post, this is again largely off-topic. I have warned you against this already. If you would like to share feedback, please post it in General Discussion, not here or in any other support thread. Thank you.
@maxxsinner - My colleague @Ubi-Borealis has provided this information for any players who are eligible; I apologise if you, as someone not eligible, find this inappropriate. We are all doing our best to provide as much relevant information as possible at this time. As I stated above, we are being as transparent about this issue as we can. There are no confirmed dates for the fix for this issue yet, however, as soon as we have that confirmed, we will communicate here in this thread and via the related patch notes in the News & Announcements section. Please keep an eye out in this thread and in that section for the latest announcements. Finally, regarding submitting a support case - are you also unable to use Live Chat when that is available in your region? Due to COVID-19, we made changes to our support availability, but you should be able to use this method of contact to bring up any issue you need to. Thank you.
@Justin_PDX82, @kibbeast & @zanzu92 - As my colleagues have stated previously, a fix is already found and confirmed. We'll communicate more details as soon as we are able. Thanks!