Best posts made by Ubi-Woofer
We at Ubisoft Support have started to create megathreads for regularly-reported issues, common queries, and subjects of interest or concern. If a thread already exists for your issue and is listed below, please post there rather than starting a thread of your own!
Not all of these issues are yet recognised / under investigation by the developers (please see the official Known Issues List for those), but will be submitted to them for investigation once we have collected enough information. If you're experiencing an issue listed below, please help us to gather the information we need by posting in the threads listed.
Please do be aware that this list is not exhaustive, and that not every issue we are currently investigating is listed here. Do not be concerned if your issue is not listed - we're committed to investigating all reports submitted and will do our best to assist you further. Thank you!
ISSUES / QUERIES UNDER INVESTIGATION BY UBISOFT SUPPORT
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A QUEST
- Unable to progress with A Prodigal Prince
- Unable to progress with The Seas of Fate as the game is not fully installed [PS4]
- Unable to progress with The Mysterious Berserker
- Unable to progress with A Mild Hunt
- Unable to progress with A Brother's Keeper
- NPCs with coins do not spawn in "Firing the Arrow"
- Unable to enter Lunden when beginning Walls and Shadows [REOPENED]
- Unable to proceed with "Kingdom's End" after pledging to Hamtunscire
- Unable to interact with Rollo in "Old Wounds" [REOPENED]
- Unable to proceed in Fiery Ambush
- Unable to assassinate the target in Hunter of Beasts
- Unable to progress in A Brewing Storm after waking up [REOPENED]
- Unable to progress in "Have You Seen This Man"
- Unable to progress in "King Killer"
- Unable to progress in Courting the Kings
- Unable to progress in "Puppets and Prisoners"
- Unable to progress in "A Feast to Remember"
- Unable to progress in "A Scourging of Snakes" as the cutscene doesn't trigger
- Unable to progress in "A Challenge From the Gods"
- Unable to proceed in "Binding Fate" after speaking to Tyr [REOPENED]
- Unable to progress in "Flann Over Ireland" as NPCs don't meet at the stable [REOPENED]
- Unable to proceed in "This Son of Jorvik" as Faravid does not get on the horse [REOPENED]
- Unable to complete the investigation of the temple in Walls and Shadows [REOPENED]
- Unable to progress with In The Absence of an Ealdorman [REOPENED]
- Unable to progress with A Sword-Shower in Anecastre as Hunwald will not move [REOPENED]
- Unable to collect the Offchurch key during 'Tilting the Balance' quest
- Unable to progress in "Bloody Path to Peace" after clearing out soldiers
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A WORLD EVENT
- Unable to collect the Treasure of Britain from the Old Cellar as the tablet is not raised [REOPENED]
- Unable to complete "Deviled Water" due to NPC and boat being missing [REOPENED]
- "Deviled Water" does not register as completed after the NPC enters the water
- Unable to progress in "Milk of Humankind"
- Unable to complete World Events in Rygjafylke
- Unable to complete "Lost Drengr" mystery with Nokkfylla Shine-Eye
- Unable to complete "Devout Troll" as the key cannot be collected
- Unable to proceed with "Saint Faith" mystery [REOPENED]
- Unable to re-play Trials of the Morrigan / restore Trade Posts on second playthrough
- Unable to progress in "Skal to Your Wealth"
- Unable to complete "Trial of the Morrigan" in Connacht
- Unable to complete 'King of The Hay People' [REOPENED]
- GAMEPLAY BUGS, GLITCHES & QUERIES
- "Man's Best Friend" ability not unlocked after completing A Little Problem
- Unable to start "The Poor Fellow-Soldier" / reveal The Father on the Order tree
- Fabric no longer lootable after fully upgrading the quiver and rations pouch [REOPENED]
- Unable to access small chest near Anlaf's Lookout
- The Berserker Gear has reset and lost all of the acquired runes and upgrades
- NPCs are spawning in dead (Settlement)
- Daily / weekly items not available to purchase from Reda [REOPENED]
- Pets are missing from the Settlement [REOPENED]
- Duplicate items appearing in inventory
- Ship shields are displaying the incorrect design [REOPENED]
- Bjorn the Berserker is unassigned from my raiding crew randomly [REOPENED]
- When loading into the game, it's always raining
- Eivor sometimes flies up to the sky and causes a desynchronization
- Unable to collect specific Opals in Ireland
- Eivor can fast-travel to unclaimed trade posts
- Unable to fully upgrade Ravensthorpe due to missing raw materials / supplies
- Unable to find Jomsviking to hire at Docks
- Unable to collect Ymir's Tear Stones
- Unable to purchase Berserker items from Reda's Shop if they already owned [REOPENED]
- Unable to loot wealth from Hvallgrof Outpost or Dunwic following TU 1.0.4 [REOPENED]
- Unable to achieve Gold Medals in Mastery "Trials of the Wolf"
- Only receiving silver and not supplies from smaller chests since 1.2.2 update
- Mōdraniht Tattoos keep being added to inventory following TU 1.2.2
- "Man's Best Friend" ability is greyed out and cannot be used
- Ostara rewards have gone missing following TU 18.104.22.168
- Skin clips through the Magister Armor [REOPENED]
- Unable to collect "Arc of Elan" Bow
- Max River Raid Supplies showing as 1/1 [REOPENED]
- Ship cosmetics keep resetting to default
- Unable to use the fishing line
- Weapon / Armour / Rune / Feast buff icons are not showing in-game
- [NEW] [TU 1.3.0] Fast travelling to Ireland causes a looped cut scene of Eivor going to sleep
- TECHNICAL ISSUES & QUERIES
- "Data Corrupt!" Error on Save Games
- My progress has been reset / lost; recent save games not available
- "Non-DX12 Video Card" Error
- Screen Tearing (Xbox One X|S / Xbox Series X|S / PS5)
- Xbox One / Series X|S controllers disconnecting on PC
- Xbox One / Series X|S controllers disconnecting on Xbox One
- Performance and optimisation issues on PC [PC]
- After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation [PC]
- "Your game had a glitch" error prevents saves from loading correctly [Stadia]
- Disappearing foliage/grass/tents/ropes
- PS4 trophies do not unlock retroactively on PS5 [REOPENED]
- I am experiencing frequent crashes / freezes in-game [PC]
- Unable to use custom controls following TU 1.2.2
- The game crashes whilst raiding Meldeburne
- Audio Issues:
- Audio sounds compressed / low bitrate / poor quality
- Audio stutters / cuts out / is delayed
- NPC dialogue / sound effects echo
- Audio is quiet / muffled / distorted
- Audio during cutscenes cuts out / stutters / is quiet / is delayed
- Eivor's voice is much louder than those of NPCs
- Using a surround sound set-up, the audio mixing sounds poor
- Sound effect volumes are unbalanced / inconsistent
- Dialogue / sound effects / audio loops
- My FPS drops when NPCs / Eivor starts talking
- STORE PURCHASES & BILLING
We'll add more links here as threads are put together. Again, please bear in mind that while the issues above have been reported to us, not all have been fully investigated / are known, so fixes are not guaranteed unless stated otherwise in the threads themselves. When more information on each issue is available, we will update each individual thread. Thank you!
- UNABLE TO PROGRESS IN A QUEST
Hello again everyone,
Given the recent replies to the thread, and also some of the inappropriate content / discussions going on in here, I thought it best to pop in and comment.
Firstly, on the subject of inappropriate content - this will not be tolerated and will, in all cases, be removed. Where necessary sanctions will be imposed, and the severity these will depend on the extent of the breach(es) of our forum rules. We openly invite you to share your concerns, criticisms, and feedback with us on the subject of the missing PC achievements - but please do not abuse us, other players, or otherwise act inappropriately here on the forums while you do.
Though I have not recently replied, it is not because I wish to ignore your posts or the concerns they raise - it is because I do not have any additional information to share on this subject at the moment, and until I do, there is nothing for me to say. I have read the recent replies and chased up more information from the teams involved, knowing how important this subject is to many of you, however as this is an issue being worked on not only by the Valhalla team but also the Ubisoft Connect team, it takes time. As soon as there is news, I will deliver an update here in the thread. Until then, I can only ask for your patience and understanding. I appreciate that this has been a concern since launch and the team are aware of this, so please rest assured that your voices are heard on the subject.
In reply to Lockmort's questions above as a final note:
- As I confirmed previously, achievements are coming to Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC.
- I do not have an ETA yet of when the achievements will be implemented.
- As mentioned above, I've chased answers about when the achievements will be introduced, if they'll be retroactive, and if there'll be API integration, but I have not received any information about any of this yet.
- Refunds are considered on an individual basis according to our refund policy. You're welcome to submit a request however I cannot guarantee that one would be granted.
I truly am sorry that I do not have the answers you seek just yet, but as soon as I have news, I'll share it.
As a quick FYI, I have merged several threads concerning issues with "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" together so that we can continue to investigate these here and keep all of the relevant information together. I do apologise if any ongoing conversations have been interrupted or become disjointed as a result of this!
Having read through the thread as it now stands, there seems to be a few different issues - I have listed these below, and would like to confirm that I've covered all of the concerns expressed here, so if I've missed anything please let me know:
- You have no quest marker / objective / interactable, either after completing an objective or after a crash
- You are unable to hand in the brooch, either after collecting it OR due to the fact that you looted it before starting the quest
- You are unable to complete the investigation into the three clues, e.g. unable to read the third clue (the note)
- There are no corpses to examine in the sewers
- The cutscene does not start in the underground chamber
I've passed on the images and scenarios provided here in the thread to the developers, as well as confirmed to them that these issues do not seem limited to just those who collected the brooch prior to the quest, or else experienced a crash. It would be extremely helpful if we could continue to gather the answers to my colleagues' previous questions, videos of the issues as well as copies of affected save files from you all as previously requested by my colleagues, as the number of unique situations that seem to be occurring here may be making the roots of the issues hard to pin down. You can upload your save files as a .zip file to a support case, and then quote the reference number here in the thread so one of us can grab those and forward them on. The developers are already investigating two of the above listed issues (unable to hand the brooch in if collected before starting the quest; no quest objective or interactable) and I have listed the other three to them, so hopefully I'll have some news to share on those two soon.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding regarding these issues; I fully appreciate they are halting your progress and mean that you cannot complete the quest at hand. As soon as I have news to share I'll be sure to do so. I've added this issue into the list of megathreads now as well for greater visibility. Thank you.
I am very happy to announce that, as some of you have already seen in the patch notes published last night for TU 1.1.1, details regarding the deployment of the Ubisoft Connect achievements for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are now available!
The achievements for Valhalla on Ubisoft Connect will be added as part of today's patch, and will unlock retroactively when the following conditions are met for each type of objective:
• Unlock conditions for Quest-related or not-repeatable achievements:
Achievements where unlock conditions have been met will pop when the player completes a new quest.
• Unlock conditions for Countable/repeatable achievements:
Achievements will pop whenever the player performs an achievement-related action past the unlock condition.
Regarding the missing Connect overlay section for achievements and the pop-ups in-game when an achievement is earned, I haven’t received additional information on this subject from the Ubisoft Connect team at this time. Please rest assured it is still a subject under investigation, and should I hear anything, I’ll communicate it as well here. Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding these particular queries! I’ll also keep chasing the query regarding a public API for the achievements as well, to see if we have any information on this.
I’d like to extend my sincere thanks to you all for sticking with this thread and keeping the discussion going while we waited for this news. I realise it has been a long while, and I hope that you will now enjoy Valhalla even more with the achievements in place. If you have any further questions following today's deployment, please don’t hesitate to reply here in the thread and I’ll get back to you all as quickly as I can.
@halcyonrift Just to clarify, the misunderstanding on our part was that achievements had been discontinued - they haven't! The original information was correct, and they are indeed being worked on. Achievements are coming!
If you'd like me to take a look at an open support case you have, please quote the number here so I can take a look into it for you.
I'm excited to announce an update on this issue. Earlier today, we deployed a hotfix that should allow you to now progress with A Seer's Solace. Please find the full information on this in this thread, and quoted below for your convenience:
This is to let you know that we deployed a server-side update earlier today that should allow players to proceed with the Seer's Solace quest. Thanks for your patience while we worked on this fix.
Note: Please fully close the game application for the fix to become active. We also highly recommend to attempt the completion of the quest immediately upon loading your savegame.
Since we're already talking fixes: We genuinely appreciate all of you for your vigilance in reporting issues to us and want you to know that we're currently working on our next title update. You can expect fixes for some of the reported known issues (& more) later this month. Stay tuned.
If you are still unable to complete the quest after restarting the game, and ensuring it is fully-updated, please let us know here.
First of all, I'd like to apologise that we have not posted a reply in this thread until now. We at Ubisoft Support have been listening to your feedback regarding the overall sound quality of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and have passed forward several links, videos and analyses of the game's audio provided in this thread, other threads and support cases to the developers already. This is a topic that has gained a fair amount of traction, and I'd like to reassure you first and foremost that it is not being ignored. It is sad to hear that so many of you find the experience of the game unpleasant due to this, and we'll do everything we can to look into this with you and see these issues investigated formally.
After reading through the whole thread, there are several further comments and video links not yet recorded that I'll be passing to the developers. At this time, I would also like to ask for some further, specific information as requested by the developers themselves in order for them to better-investigate these reports we've been receiving, and isolate the issues and their causes. What they have asked for is a brief breakdown of the issues you're experiencing, your set-up, and any evidence of the issues you can provide, in the following format:
- Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?
- What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)
- What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?
- What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?
- A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.
I saw a few pages back that nonAx85 provided a detailed write-up of their experiences including the above information; even though through troubleshooting they determined it may be a local issue, it is still worth investigation to make 100% sure, so I'll be passing that forward immediately (thank you!). If others in this thread could provide the details above in brief, in that exact format, we can hopefully start to nail down these issues and see what we can do about them.
I appreciate that this update may not be what you were all hoping for, as we're still very much in the investigative stages - but please rest assured that the developers are listening, and have been reading what you all have to say. Thank you all for your time and efforts so far, and thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer the questions above and help us with the investigation.
I created this megathread for not being able to interact with Tove / the "Carrying the Torch" quest vanishing from the completed quests log separate from the "unable to interact with settlement NPCs" megathread as, much like with Reda, this issue is specific to one NPC and it would be best to discuss it separately. I hope that nobody minds me having moved / merged your posts here to that end.
I'm pleased to say that I have some good news for you all already - the developers were notified of this issue quickly following the deployment of TU 1.1.1 and a fix has already been found, and will be released in a future update. I don't have details of when this will be just yet, however I will update this thread as soon as I know more about it. I saw a few of you make the request for this issue to be to hotfixed - I am happy to pass forward this feedback however I cannot promise one would be possible for this issue.
Please feel free to discuss the issue further here, and let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
@Aeric92 Thank you for providing your case reference number! I'll make sure that the link to this thread is associated with your case so that my colleagues can refer to your post here as well.
Similar to the megathread list for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, this thread aims to bring together common issue / feedback topics raised here in the Forum Feedback section and list them for your visibility.
If a thread for your issue or feedback topic already exists, please reply to that existing thread and add your experience there. This helps us to keep all relevant information together and pass it to the forum developers effectively. The below list is not exhaustive, and will be updated as frequently as possible with new topics and ideas. All items listed below as raised also do not have a confirmed resolution / implementation unless stated in their relevant thread, or under the formal section below.
Thank you for participating in our Open Beta for these new forums, and please let us know if there is anything that you can think of to help improve the experience we're offering here!
RAISED TO THE FORUM DEVELOPERS
- Login pop-up may pop-up partially off-screen
- "Remember Me" function when logging in does not always retain login details for future visits
- If having 2FA enabled, using another Ubisoft website where it is not leveraged while logged into Discussions will trigger a logout on Discussions
- Frequent Session Mismatch errors / logouts
- Signatures are not always displayed under posts made by players with one set on their profiles
- When quoting another player's post that uses bullets/lists, these may not be quoted correctly and break the quote up
- After deleting a post/thread, a visible blank space may be left where the post/thread used to be
- The pop-up functions accessed by hovering over a player's profile picture cannot be used as the pop-up quickly disappears
- Pasting mobile links (m.) for YouTube videos will not allow them to embed
- Posts may be flagged as spam by Akismet without reason
- After logging in while browsing, I am redirected to another page
- Discussions responds to ESC key inputs when the post creator is open, even if it is not the primary window in use
- Changes to profile are not saving, even though the confirmation of changes being applied is displayed
- Users using pagination may see the wrong number of threads per page due to moderation actions (merging or moving threads)
- Swiping to close one side menu opens the other instead [Mobile]
- Thread creation text entry boxes are cramped / inaccessible when on-screen keyboard is engaged [Mobile]
- When using infinite scroll, loading new posts / threads occurs too late when the bottom of the page has been reached
- Statistics on profiles take into account deleted content; it would be preferred that they don't
- It is unclear that the number next to speech bubble icon refers to the total number of posts in a thread, rather than the number of replies
- Add a "tool tip" highlight for each post formatting option to explain what each does
- Update the default icon on profiles for following a player to be "Follow" rather than "Unfollow" as this implies you are already following the person even if not
- Add an option to jump to the latest Ubisoft response in a thread in the UI/UX within a thread itself in addition to the thread list
- Improve post/thread deletion
- Introduce a "timeline" bar / navbar when navigating with infinite scroll
- Make it clearer when viewing the thread listings which threads are read / unread
- Allow threads to be filtered by whether they are read / unread
- Allow multiple threads to be selected and marked as read / unread
- Allow users to choose their own profile banner images from a Ubisoft gallery / custom upload
- Implement features of Ubisoft Connect (e.g. friends list, statistics, games played) with Discussions on profiles, and Discussions notifications in Ubisoft Connect
- Criticism of the infinite scroll method of browsing
- Show thread title/posting dates in profile activity feeds, not just the section posted in
- Introduce a setting for enabling/disabling profile hovercards while browsing
- Change the bottom menu to always appear, instead of appearing when scrolling [Mobile]
- Side menus open too easily when swiping [Mobile]
- Disable side menus during post / thread creation [Mobile]
RESOLVED / IMPLEMENTED BY THE FORUM DEVELOPERS
- When tagging another user, the tag appears on its own line
- When using emojis, the emoji appears on its own line
- Forum settings for pagination / notifications / topic watching etc. are resetting / reverting randomly
- Hyperlinks appear as black text and without underline, so cannot be differentiated from standard text
- Images cannot be uploaded correctly and did not appear in posts
- The webpage automatically moves to the top and bottom when scrolled once
- Title alignment and moderation labels (i.e. Moved / Merged) not appearing [Mobile]
- Site footer still refers to "Ubisoft Club" rather than "Ubisoft Connect"
- Thread titles do not wrap if exceeding a certain length; full thread titles therefore not visible when navigating
- The user provided Poll title is not displayed after creating the poll in the post
- Browsing / navigation not working correctly [Firefox]
- If not logged into your Ubisoft Account while browsing, spoiler tags may not be expandable
- Some text was invisible / difficult to read while using Dark Mode
- Theme-based display issues relating to particular brands (e.g. Rainbow Six Extraction)
- Deleting a post via a user's profile page deleted the thread it was posted in instead
- Various display issues
- If logging out from a localised Discussions page, users were redirected to the English site
- Guests could select to watch categories even if not logged into the site
- Thread creation date not displaying correctly on the desktop site
- Overlapping / obscured icons [Mobile]
- Cramped post/thread creation UI [Mobile]
- Thread cards take up excessive space (List View was introduced as an alternative to the standard view)
- Add the name of last person to reply to a thread and when to card / list view
- Allow threads to be filtered by whether they have an "Official Response" from Ubisoft Staff
- When using pagination, the thread title is missing from all subsequent pages except the first
- Extend the time allowed for post editing (limit was extended to 10 minutes rather than 5)
- Dark mode introduced
Hello everyone. Just quickly - please keep the discussion on-topic. If you'd like to discuss another issue, or have an off-topic conversation, please create threads in the appropriate section(s). Please do also remember to adhere to the forum rules and speak to each other politely, and with respect. Even if disagreeing, please be civil. I won't hesitate to moderate and/or implement sanctions as appropriate, if it becomes necessary. Thank you.
@hilchef9 - Do you also require the two big Flatfish, as well as the two big Mackerel?
@First_Prophet - The developers are working to fix the current issue whereby the big Flatfish and Mackerel are not spawning as they should, as opposed to transforming the challenge into another, or changing the requirements. When we have news on their progress, we'll share it here in the thread. I sincerely apologise that no additional information is available for the moment. As for the "Hall of the Slain" challenge, this one is possible currently in-game; I myself have completed three avenge quests so far! You can watch a video I made of completing one avenge quest below, using the methods described in this thread made by @TheeElf in the General Discussions section. All credit goes to them for the method - give it a go! I've also seen players in that thread advising the quests seem more frequent lately.
@grahamfischer - I understand that you are frustrated by this issue, but please refrain from the use of excessive profanities. Please consider this a warning to adhere to the forum rules. Please also see my answer to @First_Prophet above; the developers are focusing on resolving the issue, and we'll communicate additional information when it becomes available to us. There is nothing further that I can say on the matter at this time.
@ZomBotz - The developers are still working on a fix for this issue and we will share additional details when they become available to us. Please rest assured that this issue is not going forgotten or ignored. Thank you.
@guest-9dkaJoe4 - You have mentioned in your long post that you feel our communication regarding bug fixes is "awful" - please let me know if you have any feedback that you would like me to pass forward. It will not be possible for me to share unconfirmed details of fixes, or give ETAs when there are none, but I'd be happy to see if there's anything further we can do. I'd like to reassure you as well that the developers are very much focused on resolving serious issues with the game. We're communicating additional information as soon as we can.
Latest posts made by Ubi-Woofer
We understand your concern and disappointment, @biveros, and I'd like to reassure you that the developers are currently doing all they can to investigate this issue further. We'll keep everyone updated here in this megathread and via the Known Issues list as soon as we have any updates. It's also worth checking the News & Announcements section for the latest information about game updates and hotfixes, as the Community Team may post a relevant update there if one becomes available as well.
Thank you, and welcome to Discussions, by the way! We're happy to have you here as part of our community.
Thank you all for continuing to share your accounts of this issue with "Bloody Path to Peace" whereby the quest does not proceed to the next objective after you have cleared out all of the soldiers. We have been informed that choosing a new raven from the stables if yours has been lost / deselected may help to resolve this issue, as it has been a solution for some players, so I would recommend visiting the stables and selecting a new raven as part of the troubleshooting process for this issue.
If the issue continues after you have selected a new raven, we are continuing to forward information to the developers for them to review as part of their investigation into this issue. Please send us a video showing the following if the aforementioned workaround is ineffective for you:
- Your current quest objective, and active objective for "Bloody Path to Peace."
- Using Odin's Sight, can you show us that there are no remaining soldiers in the area, and that combat cannot be triggered.
@AntoineNew - Could you please try the above workaround after reloading a previous save (ideally one from before beginning the quest) and let us know if that allows you to proceed? Regarding typing a reply on mobile, could you possibly also reply to this thread in the Forum Feedback section with more information, so that this can be investigated? Many thanks!
@johnnewwe - Welcome to Discussions! As you have mentioned a different issue to the one this thread concerns, I would encourage you to open a new thread for your unique issue rather than continuing to post in this one, as it will derail it / take it off topic. We'll happily investigate further with you in a separate thread dedicated to that issue. Thank you!
@guest-z4ZtlOHL - Welcome to Discussions as well! Could you please review the information above and try the workaround after reloading a previous save (ideally from before starting the quest), and let me know if you're then able to proceed? Thank you!
Hey there @miffrilz - I apologise that we are late in replying to you. I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to complete "Binding Fate".
As yours is the only update we have received on this thread since @Ubi-Borealis' post about the implemented fix in June, it would be helpful if you could provide us with the following details so that we can investigate the issue further with you:
- Which platform(s) are you playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on?
- Can you detail which quest(s) or world event(s) you completed prior to starting "Binding Fate", and if anything unusual happened that you recall?
- Can you please check that you have the latest game version (TU 1.3.0) installed?
- Can you please provide a short video clip showing that you are still affected at this time?
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance!
Hey there @ephedrage - thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you are impacted by this issue with completing "A Mild Hunt", as the NPC is not present for you to hand the antlers in to.
At the moment, the issue remains under investigation by the development team. I've reached out for an update, as it has been a while since we have received one, so I will come back and post here again with any new information that I receive from them.
In terms of achieving 100% completion, though, I'm pleased to say that this side task doesn't qualify as a formal quest, so doesn't impact your completion percentage. You'll be able to obtain 100% and the associated trophy / achievement without completing "A Mild Hunt". I hope that this helps!
I'm pleased to say that the development team have notified us that a fix for the persisting issues in "A Brewing Storm" is now scheduled for release in a future update. The exact release date and patch number are not yet confirmed, however as soon as we have these details available to us we will share them here in this megathread and through updates to the Known Issues list.
I know that this issue has been ongoing for some time now, and I hope that the next patch will resolve any lingering issues that any of you may be having with this quest. If you have any questions, concerns or feedback to share with us in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out.
@maxxsinner - I have seen that you frequently update this thread with your accounts of your continued experiences with these issues, and would just like to ask that you refrain from duplicating posts or making posts that may be perceived as spam. We are committed to updating affected players here in the thread and will continue to do so, so please watch out for those updates. Thank you.
Hey there @MR-OWL1 - I sincerely apologise that your thread was missed until now, and that an official response was not provided. I hope that since posting, you and @Mitchierodajc have both been able to access any of the additional content you were entitled to!
If not, and either of you are still requiring assistance, I would just like to clarify exactly what content you are struggling to access. The "Way of the Berserker" preorder bonus was an additional questline involving the berserkr Bjorn Bloodtooth, and can be started by reading the associated letter in your mailbox. This should not be confused with either the Berserker Gear Pack, which is a package of content included within the Ultimate Pack for the Ultimate Edition of the game.
It is the Berserker Gear Pack which included the white wolf mount Hati. If you wish to change your mount, you can do so from any stable; there, you should find any mounts you have either purchased in the in-game store, or have gained access to in-game.
Please do let me know if you require any additional assistance, or if this issue has been resolved! I will mark it as resolved for the moment as there have been no further replies since November, but I'll happily mark it as unresolved if needed. Thanks!
Hello to you both, @CWG67 and @uriah256! I sincerely apologise that this topic was missed previously, and did not receive an official response until now.
I realise that by now, you may have already rebound the in-game controls to your liking, but I just wanted to share a little bit of information in case it still could help you, or indeed any other players with a similar question!
So, to begin with, you can view the default control scheme for Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Xbox One here. As you have both pointed out, there are several buttons which do encompass multiple functions, so if you are looking to remap your buttons, it is best to check that any other interactions controlled by that button aren't a problem for you if moved to a different button.
From personal experience, I don't believe it is possible to reconfigure specific actions per button; rather, as mentioned above, you'll reconfigure the whole set of controls assigned to a particular button at once. I realise that this can be quite frustrating if you're just looking to change a specific action to another button, so I'll pass forward the comments you've both written in this thread to the developers for them to consider.
I hope that you've both been enjoying Assassin's Creed Valhalla since launch, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional feedback, concerns or questions you may have! I'll lock this thread now, as it is older and may not be relevant any longer to you both, but please open a new thread if you do wish to discuss this topic further or need any further help. Thanks!
Hey there @Z4NZ4 - I sincerely apologise that your thread was missed, and did not receive a reply from us until now.
I am glad to hear that running Assassin's Creed Valhalla through Steam as a non-Steam title helped you to use your Razer Raiju Ultimate controller to play the game. The Raiju Ultimate isn't a controller officially supported by the game, so we cannot guarantee that it will be fully-functional, however there are controllers that will work so long as the necessary third-party software is installed and running as well. It would best to contact the manufacturer (in this case Razer) of the individual controller for additional advice on how to use it on your PC.
As a final quick request - please do mind your language and tone when posting on the forums in the future. We want this to be a positive and engaging environment for all of our players to participate in, so expletives, offensive language and insults towards other users or staff will not be tolerated. Thank you very much for your understanding!
Thank you as well to @zeadoom for sharing your experience and insight into how to get the controller to work; it is much appreciated, and great to see members of our community helping each other out!
I'll lock this thread now, as the issue appears to be resolved, but I hope that the above information that I have provided will help anyone else in a similar situation in the future when trying to use this controller or another unsupported controller. Thanks!
Hey @alphatanis_37 - I sincerely apologise that your thread was not replied to until now, and for our delayed response!
I hope that, by now, you have been able to resolve the issues you were encountering with being able to save the changes to your in-game settings. If they still persist however, or if any other players are encountering a similar issue, here are the first troubleshooting steps that I would recommend performing to try and resolve this:
- Run Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Ubisoft Connect with administrator rights
- Verify the game files for Assassin's Creed Valhalla in Ubisoft Connect
- Disable background applications
If after performing all of those steps you're still unable to save your changes to your settings in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via a support case or Live Chat for further dedicated troubleshooting and investigation to take place. I'm going to lock this thread now, as it may be outdated, but anyone affected by this type of issue is welcome to open a new thread should it still be persisting. Thank you!
Hey @Blockieran, I sincerely apologise that your thread was missed previously, and did not receive a response until now.
I am very sorry to hear that you were struggling to save and load your game in Assassin's Creed Valhalla previously due to an error with connecting to your Ubisoft Account. I've had a quick look at your account on our end now, and am happy to see that you appear to have been able to play and save your game consistently since - hopefully without any additional errors!
If you encounter any corrupted save games or further error messages in the future, please don't hesitate to open a new thread for us to investigate further with you. I will however lock this thread now as as far as I can see, you appear to have continued playing in many sessions since with save games available! I hope that you've been enjoying the game. Thanks!