Posts made by veehexx
@n00l3ilici0us funnily enough, i recently upgraded my ram with an additional 32gb (higher speed, looser timings than my existing 16gb). XMP settings fail to even POST but i figured I'm running 2 very different paired modules. manually set the speed/timings to the slower values and went with 1.35v as per XMP/rated settings and it'd be unstable. I've had to bump up to 1.36v and i've not had a crash since. weird that no other game was having issues and shorter runs of memtest proved reliable at 1.35v. valhalla not so.
Of course this could be intermittent as i do use ubisoft+ which appears it's a known issue based on this thread, but i've not had a crash since raising ram voltages.
i5-8600k, 48gb ram, nv3090 & 457.30 driver, latest 20H2 win10.
while not related to the above issues, i sucessfully completed the bandit hideout and i'm now trying to head back to my settlement with Tarben, but he refuses to move and stuck outside the bandit house.
Reloading the game has respawned tarbens horse and appears to have fixed things.
Hopefully Ubi will see this thread and add it to the ever growing list of mission issues.
@hunterr12 @don_tgr File size is interesting, the official post says the pc version was supposed to be around 4.3gb so maybe somebody pushed the wrong thing forward
i wonder if we got double patched? i wasnt taking too much notice on the pc patch but it seemed to download twice for me certainly much longer than 4gb should've took on my line when running 100%
due to the mission bugs i've been avoiding them pre-104. just been doing syncpoints and looting wealth points just to get some gametime in and inevitable progress done.
Hoping 104 would fix i started with the quest lines but alas, i'm still crashing to desktop after a few 10's minutes and whatever audio issues they fixed, certainly wasnt any volume balancing betwen eivor and friendly NPC's. very clear volume difference.
at this point i'm not fussed about continuing valhalla. i've other games to play.
assuming no response is posted in the next week, i'll be canceling my uplay+ subsc before renewal and waiting for this mess to be fixed. audio level issues is one thing, crashing makes the game simply not enjoyable.
I've a number of issues on pc release:
- general audio quality (too compressed?) & volume leveling. eg Eivor at 100% but NPC are 75%. It's a real imersion breaker and very distracting that i've stopped doing any voice related tasks.
- raid horn not effective all the time. almost like the crew dont hear it as they never turn up. Of maybe 8 raids, i've had to restart 2. I typically go in stealth to clear out then call crew to open doors & loot. Reload into the game (fast travel or main menu & continue) seems to fix.
- some sound/animations not synced (whistle to attract attention)
- waypoint markers hidden behind trees, houses, hills etc
- auto-ride horse (Z key) white line too hard to see in snowy conditions. both the follow-road line and the vertical marker at times. Maybe go with the valhalla cyan/aqua green colour for the route path?
- control system erratic sometimes; keypresses sometimes not detected and ignored. Always seems to be movement like 'C' key to drop down on walls or 'space' to jump off rock walls.
- homestead houses; fabric animations dont occur with NPC moving through them
- fabric/flag FPS low - 30fps lock? it was annoying in Odyssey so would be much better to have it run unlocked fps.
- water ripple/waves from longboat seem too fluid and the effects need to 'thicken up'. it's like the water is too runny and not dense enough.