Best posts made by Xilanaz
(this is on the PS4)
Trial of the Wolf at Wenlocan Outpost:
- Indirect kills , you see mobs getting killed by fire but they do not count. It took around 15+ tries to get this done, simply because certain fire kill do not get registered. At times I thought this was because I might have been out of range/sight but also seen it happen up close.
Trial of the Bear - Lolingestone Bandit Camp Shrine
- Fall kills, there is very little room here for error as you need to only do the exact amount of fall kills so you have enough mobs left for the fire kills. So if in the almost last area with the 3 archers one of them does not get registered as fall kill although you did kick him of and he did die on impact with the ground you can restart the whole think again.
- On one occasion I had 1 fire kill left and 1 normal mob & boss left in the last area, kicked the mob into the fire, he burned, he died, he lay there with the burn icon above his head making noise but of course he did not register
Trial of the Wolf - Lolingestone Bandit Camp Shrine
- Guard mob near the cage has this nice feature where he climbs down into the floor and you can forget about him after that
- Archer on wooden structure has a nice tendency to commit suicide, so another one you can forget about, but if you do get to him before he kills himself he almost always is a 1 shot kill despite hitting the weak spot
- There should be 2 archers on the really high part (4:40 on this video ) but 9 out of 10 times the left one is dead on the floor below as you start the level
- For around half of the mobs in the level targeting the weak spot on those who have not noticed me yet gives me an instant kill which does not register as weak spot hit and of course means a headshot kill is not possible, so I end up shooting an arrow in the ground in front of them so they notice me and low and behold hitting the weak spot then only does 3/4 damage. Of course all his friends join in too. Maybe it has to do with having all the skills available, I don't know but its frustrating.
Trial of the Wolf - Odin Mine Hideout
- Mob Suicide, but I saw this was posted already, enough said about that
You call this DLC Mastery Challenge but to be honest the last 8 hours or so feel more like Mastery Frustration because skill has very little to do with it, instead the RNG, issue with the level design and no testing seem to be the main reason I keep restarting these levels just a few points shy of the gold medal.
If you make it so that having to get gold you need to do a level perfect then that is fine, but then you guys need to make it perfect too and not registered kills, suicide mobs and falling through the floor is not perfect.
Trial of the Wolf - Odin Mine Hideout
Although there is another post about it I figured I post what I learned for the last 3-4 hours of frustration.
- there are 28 mobs (including the bosses) and you need 28 headshot kills, so 0 mistakes allowed
- After the starting area with the 5 mobs you go into a cave where you will get rushed, if you backout of the cave then you will find dead mobs behind the wooden barricade you need to climb -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
- Same area, if you climb the wooden barricade there is a mob on a platform a few meters away from you, if you take longer then a few seconds to deal with him (weak spot & headshot) then another mobs way behind him near a slope going down will kill him for you as this mob on the platform is in his line of fire -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
- In the final area there should be a few mobs including 2 bosses, I seen up to 5 in there once, but more often there are 4 and seems one is not spawned or falls through the floor as no corpse is to be seen -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
- In this same finale area, if this area gets triggered to soon (I had boss #3 run close to there to reload its crossbow) then at least 1 of the archers on top will do a suicide -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
- In this same final area, if you leave it for any reason and the archer on top is still alive he will be gone when you get back -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
the changes there all 28 mobs are spawned and don't do a suicide are slim, if you reach such a moment that all mobs are up you can not make a single mistake, if you do you won't get the 28 headshot count and you can start again