Best posts made by Yesin069
Here are some suggestions to Ubisoft that would improve gameplay with a cloak a lot:
- Let us wear the cloak in combat!
- It is just such a "gamie" thing when suddenly the cloak disappears when entering combat. It looks very odd and isn't realistic or needed in any way. I don't need an indication to tell me "Hey, you are now in combat!". When ithere is an axe in my or in the enemies face, i know that i am in combat. When i want to take the cloak off in combat i can do it at any time.
- Don't change camera response time when using the cloak!
- I don't understand why the camera movement is slowed down, when using the cloak. I know it should tell us "Hey, you should move slower now, because you are in social stealth mode!", but sometimes i just run around with a cloak because it looks cool. In this instances i just want the normal camera sensitivity.
- Improve cloak physics!
- The cloak physics are worse than even in some PS3 games. They seem to be fine when walking very slow but when you start running or on a horse they change to this static floating state. You can even clearly see when it changes between those two states. The cloak should react physically correct and float in the wind.
- Reduce clipping!
- This is obvious. There should be no clipping of weapons, hair or beards through clothing. And on horses the cloak shouldn't clip into the horse when riding slow.
- Wetness effect when raining!
- The cloak and armor does get wet when swimming, so this clearly is in the game. They just need to add this effect when it rains. It looks really odd when it is raining and Eivor just is dry like on a sunny day.
It would be a pleasant surprise if Ubisoft just adds one of those things but i really don't believe in it. At least i don't give up hope and would wish that they try to improve the game more and stop focussing on microtransactions.
"We deployed two server-side hotfixes today. #AssassinsCreed
1. Addressed an issue that prevented players from using Guaranteed Assassinations after acquiring the Shoulder Bash ability.
2. Removed a placeholder box from River Raids"
Ohh, actually Ubisoft is able to fix annoying bugs more often...but only if they affect their microtransactions! I am sure they never would have bothered in fixing the assassination bug before the next patch if there wasnt this purple box that gives us paid armor for free.
Exploits regarding XP, silver or any microtranactions are their highest priority it seems. No need in fixing quest related bugs as fast as possible. We could always wait 4 weeks for patches right?
I played Origins recently and the cloth physics in Origins is by far better than in Valhalla. Just look at Bayek's clothes or when you climb on a building and move under some cloth. In Origins it reacts physically correct but in the game where they finally added a cape (Valhalla) the cloth physics is completely broken.
Even in Valhalla it seemed to have been better at one point short before release as seen here:
It isn't perfect but when riding a horse fast the cloak had some physics. Now it just floats in the air like cement.
Isn'T there a way to improve cloth physics in this engine? I remember in Syndicate there was something to add in the. ini-file on PC to unlock cloth physics from 30 fps. This engine seems to have a cloth physics switch that the devs need to enable but in Valhalla it is strangely desabled often. Even longer clothes that go down to the knees have no poper physics. You can see it more in the leaked Altair outfit in Valhalla. This looked and moved even better in AC1...
The complete part under the waist of this armor should be more dynamic but the physics seems to be broken. It looks like the udner part is just one unit that just moves a little bit.
I expect just 3 maps with repeatable river raids. I will play them to get the books of knowlege and the new weapons and armor and this is it. Why should I care replaying stuff like that in an singleplayer game?
In Origins i played those giant godly bosses just until i got the new armor.
I would prefer more quality of life enhanements that make the base game better and faster releases of the story DLC's.
Communication is pretty bad in Valhalla. Monthly update blogposts would fix this problem but they strangely didn't do this anymore with Valhalla. They could announce something on monday or next week or the week after. This is the problem...we simply don't know when they will say something or what will come. Surely in march there will be a stupid seasonal event again but this is also something i don't care for.
The highest priority should be bugfixing and polishing the base game. Afterwards they can add what they want or think we like. Not everyone has finished the game in the first week. I started playing in december and still did just two arcs. I read about all those bugs and scared that they come to me too and break my game. So i am just waiting for more than 4 weeks now and forgot what happenend in the story. Basically I need to start a new game or watch story videos on YouTube to remember what happenend until where i am now in the game. When i load into the game i am just standing in the middle of nowhere and dont know what i did before or was planning to do.
This is why i dont like singleplayer story games to be live service games. I want to experience those games in my own pace without being forced to wait for bugfixes or standard features to be patched in before i can go on playing.
When Ubisoft are't capapble of announcing anything, I will try to rise some hopes...even if my hopes are dead for great new content or all bugs getting fixed, without implementing new bugs!
Expected size about 10 GB.
Why can't Ubisoft themselve say something about a patch release soon? Why do we need to search for this stuff? When they had given the patch to Sony for certification, than the patch is done and they already know what will be in it. So give us some hints!
I expect an announcement on wednesday night and a release on thursday. Business as usual...No single word before that!
We should know the big bugs at this point and they are already on Ubisofts radars. But there are also many other bugs that they aren't aware of because not enough people talk about them. We should collect them here in small focused lists and some moderator should try to handle them to the dev team or make them aware of it.
I try to start:
- Clothes don't get wet when it is raining
- Cape physics behave strangely and needs proper physics
- Clipping issues (espacially with the cape on horses)
- When something in the Codex updates, there is no pop-up (PC)
- Getting an achievement shows no Ubisoft Connect pop-up (PC)
- Finishing an Ubisoft Connect weekly-challenge shows no pop-up (PC)
- Cloth physics locked at 30 fps when at certain distances (sometimes even when close to the player)
- Used keys stay in the inventory when collected again (either remove them from inventory or remove the option to loot them again after use)
- Foliage disappears too early when on the edges of the screen-space (optimize Culling)
- Typos and missing information in the details page of some gear (for instance Berserker gear and new St. Georges gear)
Quality of Life improvements that are needed ASAP:
- Filter options in the inventory (for gear, runes etc.)
- New Game Plus mode or replayable missions
- Ability to sell leather, iron, cloth, titan etc.
- More graphics options (PC)
- Ability to skip the logos before the AC splash screen (PC)
- ONE HANDED SWORDS
- LESS MICROTRANSACTIONS
Finally a great video from this guy where he critisizes something and stops from the showcase loop of microtransactions gear which looks "awesome":
Valhalla is reallly in an unfinished beta state even to this date. Essential features like gear stats, gear details, runes, audio design and inventory management still feel unfinished. These are deep and fundamental things in games that should be finished at launch and just need some balance patches afterwards but this is just unacceptable for a "finished" game.
Bot a single patch tried to fix these issues or even mentioned them. Valhalla really should have been released in November 2021 instead of last November.
The gear stats and rune stats aren't working at all and the audio mixing is severely faulted in it's fundaments. At this point I also don't think it ever will be fixed because these things are made when the full AC team is at work with their game. Now just smaller and different teams are working on patches, "free content" and story DLC's. It will need some major manpower and programming to fix those issues deep in the Engine because these things weren't finished at launch.
This is why we still see placeholder messages in detail pages for gear even at this point. They can't just flip a switch and fix those problems. The roadmap for Valhalla also didn't do them any favor in this regard because they are forced to push out these seasonal useless content while also try to fix these very difficult bugs. It took them 4 months to fix the avenge player problem which is a very small problem in relation to a fundamntal problem with numbers working in the background or the whole audio design of this game.
Also the PC performance will never be touched after the game is launched because the PC devs aren't involved at all at this point. They done their work and until version 1.0.4 the game ran well on PC but the live support team can't fix complex PC port problems. They just can make it worse (as they did) and this is it.
In conclusion: Don't expect any of those fundamental problems to get fixed! We will get our seasonal events, "free (meaningles) content, story DLC's and some quest bugfixes and this is it. The biug threads in this forum that talk about bad performance on PC, audio issues and stats not working will NEVER get there fixes. I would be happy if I am wrong here but those problems are just too deep in the game and would need some huge efforts to fix and these are things I don't see Ubisoft is willing to do. We are even at a point where they can sell us reskinned gear sets for real money and the people still buying.
- Percentage values finstead of numbers for every gear and rune statistic
- Fix effects of runes (they don't work when stacked)
- Stealth (enemies detect Eivor too fast and alert the others, even on lowest stealth difficulty, which makes full stealth runs nearly impossible)
- Civilists run into battle instead of away
Quality of Life:
- Ability to equip two bows and switch between them in-game
- Option to disable Level-Scaling
Quality of Life (River Raids):
- Let the crew sing and tell stories
- Ability to use the raven and horse
- Ability to grind leather, iron, cloth and titan
- Jomsvikings should get some random dialogue to give them more life
- Other Jomsvikings should also rank up when used often
This feels really strange and i cant believe that. Everyone I know who plays that game has this issue and it is as easy as breathing to reproduce:
- Put other than default gear on your Jomsviking!
- Play the game and it will work but at some point you will end the game and go working or sleeping or eating!
- Reload the game and see that the Jomsviking gear is back to default!
- Voila, you have reproduced a "very complex" bug!
When such a small issue takes the devs so much effort and time to fix, i am really not surprised that there are still many day 1 bugs that are not fixed. Are there actually the real devs working on bugfixes for this game or is it outsourced and the real devs work on the DLC and new games? It really feels strange and like amateurs or people that arent familar with the tools of this game work on handling bugfixes for this game. This is also seen when looking at many bugfixes that get mentioned in more than one patchnote article because it wasnt fixed in the patch before.
Also where are minor fixes for things like wrong written stats in the details page of the Berserker armor and the St. Georges armor, or missing "Updated Codex" pop-ups in the PC version? Those fixes can be done within minutes at the side? It just feels unprofessional, letting bugs like that for months in a game that isnt titled an early access release.
I think the actual devs that made this game in the first place wouldn have that many problems in fixing such issues, like 2 missing fish types or gear always reverting back after relaunch. Open your engine a little bit and any modder will fix those issues in a day or two without knowing the source code of this engine or how the game works.
Latest posts made by Yesin069
This is a heavy issue...no way will i be able to play the game or even the DLC with this issue.
This is why i was so annoyed that Ubisoft will deliver patches every 5 weeks instead of 4. I hoped that they will make the patches smaller, more focused and release them every 2 weeks. Now we just have to live longer with issues like that.
The DLC will be a separate download and will have no patch or nothing. It would be wiser to release a patch on the 11th may before the DLC launch and then react fast to new bugs from the DLC within a week or two.
We should all know at this point that the DLC will have plenty of bugs and they will not be fixed in the June update...
I tried many saves to fix this issue but in the end i deleted them all and just have one manual save left. The issue is still there and i stopped playing and wait for a fix.
Here is a link to my save:
This happens when you release an unfinsihed game to launch with your media partner xbox series x.
The problem isnt that those issues are unfixable, it has just to do with human ressource management after the launch of a game. The devs do the most in the last steps before launch. This is the time where they all together focus on fixing bugs and polishing the game with all they have. After release this usually switches dramatically. Most devs switch to new projects or have to work on nw content, so not many are left for bugfixes.
In conclusion: It is always better to delay a game and make the release as bugfree as possible because after launch this will get a lot harder to manage. Every bit of new content is a new source of problems and every bugfix on one side can break many things on other sides that have nothing to do with each other. All in all Ubisoft made their money and we a beta testers for this early-access version.
I am sure with both DLC and all content this game will be fine but currently it is just a broken mess and i also think this will damage the brand. Valhalla sold very well and all those people wont forget the bugs and the bad "free content" so the next AC will never reach the same sale numbers as Valhalla. I surely wont buy the next game before one year has past after launch.
It would be a miracle at this point when we finally get a game that we can enjoy without those issues...
This is why always say: live-service-roadmaps shouldnt be in singleplayer games! This just means we are still in the early-access phase of this game and many features are still missing or bugged. When you want to enjoy this game - wait for maybe 6 more months.
Every new upodate will bring more issues than it fixes because the game wasnt finished in the first place and they still have to introduce some basic features which always will break stuff.
Thanks for the respond!
For me the performance just tanks too much in areas like Fornberg or Vinland. Cities like Lunden or outside areas all run fine with over 70 fps (at least 60). I only notice the drops when the fps fall from 70 to 40 in places like Fornberg. It just feels choppy and I was able to run Red Dead Redemption 2 with at least 60 fps everytime on the same system, so Valhalla should run even better because RDR2 has much more detail and much more complex AI routines than Valhalla.
It would be great if you could ask the team if they could give us the option to play in DX11 on PC because i think this would fix many issues. This is the first time they use DX12 and i think it was the wrong decision to directly make this the only mode to choose from because they also dont use any DX12 exlusive features like Raytracing or DLSS (PLEASE ADD DLSS TO VALHALLA!!!!).
For me the green colour was good enough. I dont know why they even bothered changing it to yellow because health regen and the colour green fit well together.
The adrenaline bar is already yellow and hopefully this is just a visual bug.
Regarding colourblind: There are already colourblind options in the game for people who need that (which i really like from Ubisoft games in general) so there is no need to change the colours in the normal mode for everyone.
I would prefer the green one and hope that one day we can get a new update that just fixes stuff without breaking 10 other things or changing them unintenionally...
If you look at how long it took them to fix this issue (partly), i dont want them ever to add any fish or animal to this game. Just learn to never build challenges around mechanics like hunting or fishing which all will end up making a fun activity to a torture.
Thanks for the reply!
Here are the things i fround out:
- I play on PC!
- once I reload an earlier save in-game or one fast traveling autosave and quicksave stop working
- Restarting the whole game or fast traveling in the same area fixes the problem...
- ...until i choose to fast travel again or load an earlier save.
- manual saves are always possible but it takes much more time to save manually than to use quicksave
I hope this helps and I hope we can get a hotfix for that because it is one of the most annoying things when the save system in a game is broken and you need to replay content over and over again.