Best posts made by Z4mb3r11
Latest posts made by Z4mb3r11
I understand that most are known issues but this fixes have helped many players so far with no crashes at this point anymore.
Also, if you have done all steps and this keep happening try to set the CPU affinity for the anticheat to core 1 every time you start the game as some players reported it goes back to all cores on restart.
There needs to be a middle ground as some of us never have crashes and some non stop.
After reading a lot of posts regarding crashes that players are experiencing I thought best to give you a most likely solution to this issue.
So far I have had no crashes after 2 weeks now with 8+ hour sessions straight and can enjoy those juicy solo farming runs with no issue.
Please share it so players can enjoy their missions without getting crashed on the boss fight.
These crashes are related to : AntiEaseyCheat, Incompatible issues, Inadequate page file size, Outdated or faulty graphics card drivers.
Step by step. (You must restart your PC after this) :
1) If you are running any Nvidia 30 series you will want to run with DX12. If files or drivers are corrupted (which most people doesn't even know they are) uninstall all drivers and install a clean version of latest (do not install nvidia game experience)
You should do this step regardless because a fresh drivers install actually does more than you think. I know it sucks, but just do it.
- Run Division 2 on PC. While running it:
- Open Task Manager. Expand Task Manager. Under details tab, Right-click on this entry and click the Set CPU affinity option, deselect all, except CPU Core 1.
3) Set the size of you page file to System Managed.
- Go System > About > Advanced System Settings.
- A new windows (System Properties) will appear, here click on Advanced Tab > Settings.
- It will open Performance Options here again click on Advanced Tab > Change.
- Under the Virtual memory section, checkbox “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and click OK
This may be already ticked but always check.
4) Run compatibility troubleshooter.
- Go to the Folder where you have installed the Division 2. Right-click on the file Division.exe and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and then click Change high DPI settings. In the new windows check the box next to Override high DPI scaling behavior and select Scaling performed by: Application. Then click OK to save the changes.
- Tick the box next to Disable Fullscreen optimizations and click OK
- Apply and OK
5) Restart your PC
6) Always Verify game files for files that might be missing. From Uplay launcher, or wherever you playing from, steam, etc. From local files Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
7) Optional. Try this only if you still have crashes. Disable Ubisoft / Steam overlay. I have not done it since all other steps worked out.
- Open Ubisoft Overlay
- Click on the “Menu” button on the top left corner and select “Settings”.
- In settings, click on the “General” tab and uncheck the “Enable in-game overlay for supported games” option.
As mentioned previously, this has helped me and other players running the game with no crashes at all since last patch so if you still have issues then you will have to check your PC and make further checks as any minimal thing can be the cause and not necessarily the game's fault.
If you have a big list of updates in Windows update, then most likely that is the problem. Do that and then do all these steps from above.
Shout out to this link providing some of the information: https://www.cputemper.com/division-2-keep-crashing/
@tekno909 Have you actually done it? Everyone I know has no crashes anymore with that.
I have run 12 hrs straight sessions with no crash after that.
@benarschleck That has nothing to do what this post but either way here we are.
There is so much content out there. There is no one game out there that have dried periods anyway. If you had obtain every item and maxed out all types of specs and done all content then enjoy the open open.
For those looking for a solution I posted it here. If you follow the steps you will be fine.
After trying to understand your issue I think I get it.
I had crashes for some time but after doing this no one crash so far.
Also, if you have a Nvidia 30 series you will want to run in DX12 after watching the guide. I know at least it works with the 30 series
I leave here the link and hopefully stays and players can enjoy the game and not having to hope not getting a crash just before the boss fight.
Do all the steps and disregard steam if you don't have it ofc. I disregarded fix number 5 as it does work fine and does not causes crashes for me anyway doing the others. Do all other steps and restart after.